What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I'm having a rough time sleeping, so I'm re-organizing my scrapbook stuff and herding cats.
I have learnt 2 useful techniques about getting off to sleep that I am happy to pass on.

Firstly, resist fidgeting/moving around a lot in bed. This sends a message to your brain that you are not relaxed. It requires a bit of effort to keep still when you want to move but it really works in terms of preparing the road to sleep! Also, note your facial expression. Very often we can have a tensed face. Consciously relax facial muscles. This too will send the right message to the brain, re. relaxation.

I am sitting here watching The Sands of Iwo Jima when I should be in the outhouse scrubbing it down from top to bottom. Each day I usually will do the tub one day, sink the next, toidy another day, etc. I have to confess I have bee slacking off this week. Pirate has to do the mirror though. I am just to short.

So instead I sit here watching a movie I have seen over and over. But I never get tired of it. Now if I could just find that maid I hired to do all my housework. Pirate has the kitchen to do. :angel:

I cleared a lot of dead brush out of some of the ornamental gardens. Still have a bunch more to go. I was young and ambitious once, and probably planted way too much stuff. Now I have to check myself for ticks. I sure wish there was a Frontline for people like they have for dogs. I'd even consider wearing a tick collar.

I hear ya, Dawg, on all counts. It looks like the medical community is trying once again to develop a vaccine for humans. Hopefully, the anti-vaxx people don't shoot this one down like they did in the early part of this century.

New Lyme Disease Vaccine Shows Promise In Preventing Bacterial Sources Of Infection

Himself had diagnosed and treated Lyme disease. Fortunately, he hasn't suffered any lingering effect. But with the way my joints have been aching more and more over the years, I swear I may have had an undiagnosed case and so never had it knocked out. Or, I'm old and achy. Either way, no fun. :(

Yes, CG. A buddy of ours got Lyme, and wasn't able to work for months. He still has some of the effects. Over the past few years, I've pulled off more ticks than I care to count. Some left huge welts. A school nurse dug one out of my neck, she said she'd never seen one before. Sure hope the vaccine works out!

Ah, life in the country!

Trying to find some giddy up and go. Yesterday's trip to Costco was supposed to be a quick trip.That didn't happen. My body is sore today.Still haven't finished putting everything away.

Speaking of today, were celebrating or wedding anniversary.Just wish I could remember if it's 26 or the 27th. Yep my getting old is catching up with me.So, does anyone here know? LOL!:ohmy::LOL:

Making a Prime rib dinner with a Costco chocolate cake for dessert.

Monday were off to the Bay area for a few days.Hubby will have all those tests done.He's still not feeling well.Dr's around here don't want or care to help him.Fine.Karma will catch up to them sooner or later.

Sorry I haven't been around here except for a quick visit.Hubby and sons will always come first. He hasn't exactly been a cooperating patient.
At least he likes getting dinner in bed.Glad I bought him for xmas an Igloo mini fridge for our bedroom. That's saved me a lot of trips to the kitchen.Love that thing.Especially the crisper.And here the kids thought I was off my rocker for doing that.They aren't thinking that anymore.:LOL:

Good to see you again Munky, and Happy Anniversary!

Hoping DH gets the attention and care he needs with the new drs. This has been going on for too long. :( Enjoy your prime rib dinner tonight - sounds wonderful!

Those little mini fridges can come in so handy - I have one that I move out to the patio every summer for cold drinks. :)

I cleared a lot of dead brush out of some of the ornamental gardens. Still have a bunch more to go. I was young and ambitious once, and probably planted way too much stuff. Now I have to check myself for ticks. I sure wish there was a Frontline for people like they have for dogs. I'd even consider wearing a tick collar.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::angel:

Yes, CG. A buddy of ours got Lyme, and wasn't able to work for months. He still has some of the effects. Over the past few years, I've pulled off more ticks than I care to count. Some left huge welts. A school nurse dug one out of my neck, she said she'd never seen one before. Sure hope the vaccine works out!

Ah, life in the country!

Poo was about four years old and we lived in Spanaway, WA. I was managing a small apartment complex and rented to military from Ft. Lewis. One of my tenants came from Oregon. They went home for a visit and when they returned, there must have been a tick in their luggage. There are no ticks in WA. Poo was in their apartment when they were unpacking.

I was undressing him for his bath and noticed what I thought was a scab on his testicles. I went to look at it and it wiggled. Off to the ER. They just kept pouring alcohol over it and it backed out on it own. The doctor grabbed it and put it in a tiny spec bottle. The next day I had people from WA Health Department along with folks from D.C. Surgeon General's Office and the County Health Department. They wanted to know Poo's every move the day before. Where he went and who he saw.

Down to my tenants apartment they went. It seems that there are no ticks in Washington State that carry Rocky Mountain Fever. I felt like all of us including Poo were going to be hauled off to jail at any moment. Oddly enough, and I will never understand why, the husband who was in the army at the time, got into a lot of trouble with his superiors. It seems that they were going to charge him with "Importing a foreign insect to the State of Washington," thereby "placing the life of a citizen (Poo) in jeopardy."

When he called me from the base and told me what was going on, I let him and the army know that I would refuse to testify. Charges dropped. That dang military doesn't mess around.

The tenant and his wife never went home again for a visit while he was stationed at Ft. Lewis. I have always had the feeling that the army placed him on restrictions where he could travel to. :angel:

Seriously....I hope your son doesn't read here, Addie. Sometimes it's good to sit back and re-read posts before hitting submit....:ermm:

Last edited:
We're headed to a concert that features a harmonica-playing guy with a salsa band. Huh?? DH really was interested, and was able to score free tickets from work.

Seriously....I hope your son doesn't read here, Addie. Sometimes it's good to sit back and re-read posts before hitting submit....:ermm:

Poo is in his mid 40's now. And he remembers the incident very well. So I am not revealing something he already doesn't know. In fact he will often use the story to warn others who think ticks are not a problem. They can be deadly if you don't know what you are dealing with.

My son doesn't even know this forum exists. And I hope that the folks here will learn that it is less painful just to keep pouring alcohol over it. And not have to through the painful way Dawg did. :angel:

Poo is in his mid 40's now. And he remembers the incident very well. So I am not revealing something he already doesn't know. In fact he will often use the story to warn others who think ticks are not a problem. They can be deadly if you don't know what you are dealing with.

My son doesn't even know this forum exists. And I hope that the folks here will learn that it is less painful just to keep pouring alcohol over it. And not have to through the painful way Dawg did. :angel:

Not the point at all :rolleyes:

Ticks can get anywhere. I found one a few years ago ... woooo ... not a fun place.

I give my cats and dog tick and flea pills. I tell them, "I do this because I love you, ******!"

Well, y'all get the idea.

Getting ready to go with our youngest son to spend the day at a local animal shelter fund raiser that their having today. Then were going out to lunch.:)
He volunteers a few days a week.

Not only do I get to play with puppies all day. The best part of all. I'll be buying quite a few spring flower baskets and such for my walkway garden.
It's all for a good cause. I'll do my best NOT to bring home a puppy. No promises though.

It's springtime. Almost summer. A time for swimmin' and sinnin' I remember those days.:D

Last edited:
Crime DOES pay!

The shelter was packed. They had only 5 little cuties left to play with.
All were just waiting to see the Vet, get the shots, fixed and the new owners to pick them up. That was a lot of fun.

After I played with them I went to buy some flowers. Came home with the trunk and backseat filled.

I had picked out some beautiful Snapdragons, asked my son to carry them for me. Things weren't marked too clearly of where to pay for them. He had assumed that I did and walked right out of the place. It wasn't until I was ready to pay for the others that we realized our mistake. Told the cashier of our sins.
They laughed and asked how many I picked? Just 4. After the final tally. He not only gave us a discount on the amount I had bought. But on top of that another discount and a thank you for your honesty.

So Clyde and I will be planting as soon as I get back.:ohmy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom