What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...They have a 2006 Mercury Milan which has been stored the better part of two years...
Himself's car is a 2008 Milan. Great little car. It has about 102,000 miles on it. Had he not been laid off in 2011 it would probably have been replaced by now, what with him driving about 70 round trip to work each day. We use his car for short jaunts while mine is the vacation car. Well, groceries and vacation!

Just make sure a mouse doesn't find its way into the vehicle. One crawled into Himself's car when he was astronomy-ing last fall. And died. We still can't find the little guy...:sick:

Really, aldis is carrying Racine Kringles? Those are great Kringles, Racine is an hour from here and famous for yum for years and years.

I'm on the 1st half of makings some provolone cheese. I made a fritata and I need to make some chicken soup.

Really good and a bargain @ $4.99.... :yum::)

Ross

Himself's car is a 2008 Milan. Great little car. It has about 102,000 miles on it. Had he not been laid off in 2011 it would probably have been replaced by now, what with him driving about 70 round trip to work each day. We use his car for short jaunts while mine is the vacation car. Well, groceries and vacation!

Just make sure a mouse doesn't find its way into the vehicle. One crawled into Himself's car when he was astronomy-ing last fall. And died. We still can't find the little guy...:sick:
My SIL saw a snake in the garage a few months back... I won't do it but, will have the mechanic inspect every nook and cranny of that Milan... :ermm::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Ross

We have mice, rats and these in our garages in North Texas...

Attachments

• Tula-4.jpg
    Tula-4.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 93
LOL, they aren't dangerous, and are actually rather pretty to look at. They only come out of hiding a few weeks each year. I catch them and release them at the ranch up the road.

CD

My daughter took a day off so we could do some things which needed doing..

Went to the DMV for my Missouri drivers license ($10, $35 in Cali), on to her insurance company to add me to her policy..

Then off house hunting (actually, window shopping )..

I've been, pretty much stuck at home because of weather, etc. I planned to get a car soon but, problem solved.. They have a 2006 Mercury Milan which has been stored the better part of two years..

There is a story about them having the motor replaced 4 years ago and little things happening which made them believe they couldn't trust it..
Anyway, they bought a new car and garaged the Milan.. I started it, topped off the fluids, aired up the tires and ran the hell out of it on the freeway.. It is misfiring and it needs this and that fixed, which I will attend to and then register it in my name ($65 for two years here.. just paid $142 for 1 year on our 2002 Camry in Cali)).. I will have a, relatively, free car..

Also, we stopped at Aldi for fixens and I found Kringles, baked in Racine, Ws... I picked up an almond one for tomorrows breakfast.. I was afraid that with no TJ's here, I'd not find a Kringle.. Duh on me...

A good, productive day... :)

Ross

Ross, I could have sworn I replied to this, but guess I didn't. :) It sounds like you're really enjoying your new home state, and that things are working out well for you. Well....except the climate change shock, but spring is coming! Quite a difference in prices from CA to MO, eh? :clap:

I bought a new tow vehicle for my camper. Now ive been making plans for a flat bed and hitch for it. I needed a new one ton pickup but I could buy 3 trucks for what A new pick up cost.received_10102844068231743.jpgreceived_10102844068436333.jpgreceived_10102844068516173.jpgreceived_10102844071884423.jpg

I am nursing a migraine while simultaneously regretting buying a new squeaky toy for Miley. She chewed up my disability parking pass last night because a corner of it was sticking out of my purse. She also destroyed a brochure on the new company that is taking over management of TB's bus company which I was going to read.

She is bored so we thought maybe some new toys would help....:wacko:

I am also re-Miley proofing the place as she gains new heights and skills.

Ross, I could have sworn I replied to this, but guess I didn't. :) It sounds like you're really enjoying your new home state, and that things are working out well for you. Well....except the climate change shock, but spring is coming! Quite a difference in prices from CA to MO, eh? :clap:
Amazingly so... :)

Ross

I'm learning guitar chords on this new pop song, Havana. My grand-daughter, like almost everyone else in her school is into this song. She loves to sing this song so next time I can accompany her with the guitar. Cute song.

I am waiting for the wound nurse to show up and asses my leg. My leg responds to the weather. Today we had snow and rain, and I am in so much pain. Where is the sunshine?

I got ambitious this afternoon, and emptied the freezer, tossed things that had been buried for too long, mostly stuff I cooked in the past that are freezer-burned now, and put things back with like items together, so I'll know better what I have.

On a roll, I did the same thing in my pantry. Wow, was that enlightening. I had all kinds of duplicate items, half used. I had four containers of Turmeric. What? Stuff got buried, and I thought I was out of it, so I bought more. I also ditched some can goods. I'm pretty liberal about "use by" dates, but 2013 might be just a wee bit passed prime.

My pantry was FULL, to the point stuff was on the floor. Now, it is half full. I combined the multiple half-full containers, and tossed stuff that was way to old, or I knew I'd never use.

I did the fridge, too, but that was already pretty up-to-date and organized.

I need to get in the habit of buying smaller quantities of stuff I seldom use, or better yet, wait until I need some of them to buy them.

CD

We finally found out what was wrong with our hot water pressure coming out of the bathroom faucet. The pipe leading to it was old galvanized pipe and it was all clogged up with rust. My SIL put in a new pipe and it is working perfect.

Making a pot of chili for tomorrow. I've cubed and browned 4 pounds of chick roast and it's currently simmering with a selection of spices and seasonings and just a touch of tomato.

I've calculated that this is the exact right time to post that I will have the 30 thousandth post in this thread.

Nearly 2 million views?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom