What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our daughter, SIL and grandson stopped by for a visit. We sat apart and spent about a half hour chatting face to face.

On another front, I got a tip from a foodie FB group her in town about some yeast available at a farm store in NH. We took the 30 minute drive to get a few little plastic containers of active dry yeast. Also got some great looking fresh produce!

I just finished placing a grocery order for Tuesday, not this week, but the 28th. As is now the norm, I will have a surprise about when it arrives and what sorts of substitutions have been made and what is missing. I left notes about what substitutions are acceptable. I'm still working on my Lufa Farms basket order. I have until tomorrow (Monday) at midnight to finish it. That will probably arrive on Tuesday. The time is more of a guess. They have worked hard to get it right. They aren't promising a time, just that the delivery will be between 10h00 and 24h00, with a chance that they run a bit later than that.

In the last year I've lost 85 lbs; mostly fat but muscle too and didn't have much of the latter to start with. In January started working out regularly at the YMCA to correct the matter but the Virus kiboshed that.

Already had a treadmill. Recently bought adjustable dumbells. Began home workouts today.
Congratulations on the weight loss!!!

Up early today because my dog lied to me at 6 am.
Don't maul Mom awake with kisses and hug's begging to be let out and then not go.
What's up with that!? :ermm::LOL: He then gave me the (Psyched you out look...Ha ha) let me back in it's cold and foggy out.

Well now I'm awake planning my to do list for the day.

1.Mr. Smarty (Butters) is getting a bath.

2.Make a eat when you want fried chicken dinner. The house now has a revolving door.

3.Knit up as many as I can face masks. Not leaving home without one.

4. Keeping it cool.Keeping it light.

You guys have a great day!

Munky.

FINALLY I got all of the missing parts, tools, etc. (it took an extra 10days!)
and put together our new porch furniture, YAY!
It looks lovely and those rocking chairs are very comfy.

IMG_5797.jpg

I went grocery shopping this morning. First time I had jeans and make-up on in 18 days. Thankfully, they both fit.

I can hardly wait for life to start getting a little closer to normal. Not being able to go grocery shopping weekly is cramping my style! [emoji38]

I went grocery shopping this morning. First time I had jeans and make-up on in 18 days. Thankfully, they both fit.

I can hardly wait for life to start getting a little closer to normal. Not being able to go grocery shopping weekly is cramping my style! [emoji38]

So true CG!

DH asked me again today, "Aren't you going grocery shopping?"
NOPE!!
I'm going to hold out a bit longer, we're good.

Went shopping yesterday for my staples and was able to find TP, my brand, too! Today I found coconut chips, quite tasty, satisfies the salty crunch craving.

I made a new friend yesterday. This is where we will be getting most of our milk from now on. Back to bartering with friends and neighbors for our needs. received_181977719557625.jpg

I (again) made myself look silly.. :ermm:

Like so many others, Jeannie and I have not had a hair trim since mid-February..

Last week, I happened to see lights on in our favorite shop.. Of course it was closed and as I returned to my car, the door opened and the sweet lady who cuts our hair came out to greet me.. We grinned at one another, in lieu of a hug.. She told me that the shop would be, with great care, opened the 4th of May..

I got so excited, when I told Jeannie, I got the date wrong..

Welp.. This morning, April 28th, we went out early to be the first in line at her shop..

Um... a week early.. :ohmy: :LOL:

Ross

Just got done boilng some potatoes to make some fried pototoes for supper tonight. We will be having eggs and sausages to go along with them. I also went to Lowes this morning to look at all the beautiful new plants they got in. It just makes me feel good looking at all the flowers.I got a salvia plant for the hummingbirds. They love the red color.

I (again) made myself look silly.. :ermm:

Like so many others, Jeannie and I have not had a hair trim since mid-February..

Last week, I happened to see lights on in our favorite shop.. Of course it was closed and as I returned to my car, the door opened and the sweet lady who cuts our hair came out to greet me.. We grinned at one another, in lieu of a hug.. She told me that the shop would be, with great care, opened the 4th of May..

I got so excited, when I told Jeannie, I got the date wrong..

Welp.. This morning, April 28th, we went out early to be the first in line at her shop..

Um... a week early.. :ohmy: :LOL:

Ross

I'm so jealous but happy for both of you Ross! The mirror scares me with my wild way too long hair and I don't know how much longer I can hold out without a haircut, not to mention a pedicure!

I'm glad I have naturally silver hair and no longer color it as I hear if this goes on much longer there will be no more blondes in the world.;)
SC has no hair on top, and keeps the sides very short. Right now he looks like Friar Tuck and soon I'll have to make him a ponytail. He finally cut some of his eyebrows as he was starting to remind me of Andy Rooney. :D

Kayelle, I understand your dilemma. I have a full head of thick wavy hair. Now it's getting kinda bushy. SO has offered to give me a haircut but I'm not so sure that's a good idea. A ponytail is not an option for me.

SO stocked up on hair color so she's OK for now. I told her she didn't need to color but she's not convinced.

I'm so jealous but happy for both of you Ross! The mirror scares me with my wild way too long hair and I don't know how much longer I can hold out without a haircut, not to mention a pedicure!

I'm glad I have naturally silver hair and no longer color it as I hear if this goes on much longer there will be no more blondes in the world.;)
SC has no hair on top, and keeps the sides very short. Right now he looks like Friar Tuck and soon I'll have to make him a ponytail. He finally cut some of his eyebrows as he was starting to remind me of Andy Rooney. :D

:) Jeannie allowed her hair to go natural a year or so ago.. I believe it looks better than when she colored it..

We are both overgrown now but, don't look too wild.. :ermm:

And then there are my eyebrows.. :ROFLMAO:

One more week and we will be just fine..

Ross

I'm not afraid of my natural color, only ever play with it when I get bored. So it's natural now, had the last of the lavender tint cut off before my surgery. Then had a short bob done about a week before all hell broke loose. I have several months before I will NEED a haircut.

I usually get my hair cut and colored once a year. I don't do it to hide the gray, but to have a little fun with it. I get auburn dark red with some violet highlights.

I'm really looking forward to taking advantage of the gift certificate DH gave me for my birthday last year - a day at the spa with a massage, manicure and pedicure, including lunch, and they serve wine. My birthday is in June and I was scheduled for hip replacement surgery at the end of July, so I didn't do it then (you have to remove toenail polish). I wanted to wait until the surgery was good and healed before doing all that, then it was winter, then I decided to wait till it got warm enough to show my toes, then... lockdown and spas closed. Whenever they reopen, I'll have a nice tip for the staff.

A few years after I crossed over into my 50s I decided that I was officially old enough to flaunt my gray hair. I'm lucky in that it's a pretty shade of silvery gray, and most of it is along my hairline anyway. While you can tell my hair is gray when it's down, I look completely gray if I pull it up on top of my head.

I'm on my stylist's wait list for when she can go back to work to trim my hair. I usually get two cuts a year: once it warms up in spring to get it cut shorter for the summer, then just a shaping late autumn so it's long enough to keep my neck warm during the winter. She and I joked that by the time I'll be able to get my summer cut the window will have passed and I'll end up with my autumn triim.

Back
Top Bottom