What are your tips for chicken and miso soup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
this is what ive made IMG_20230907_175240.jpg

i don't know if we have dashi here. i need to check

edit..
i've found something.

i don't know which one i should use
I dont read Hebrew …

Dashi is a broth made from kelp seaweed and bonito fish. I buy mine in powder form. So just make sure it has both kelp and bonito

Miso soup is a traditional Japanese soup consisting of a dashi stock into which softened miso paste is mixed.

i think the problem is with the noodles most.
so breaking the noodles to somewhat smaller pieces will assist really much..

edit
i mean.. before cooking

Last edited:
when it come to the miso paste itself.
there is the cheap ones that i can buy in many places
and there is the more expensive ones that need to be ordered from the internet

i've been told the the cheap ones are more salt and less taste.....

do you think it's true? shuold i really go with the expensive?

i also prefer a non chinese product. and i don't know if the cheap is from china.. i need to check this....

You can't really compare prices that way from Amazon. I often see stuff on Amazon that is much more expensive than what is available locally. Often, it is the exact same thing, but you are paying extra for the convenience of ordering from the comfort of your home. So, I don't assume that something on Amazon is better quality because it costs more than the "cheap stuff". It might be, but you can't judge that by an Amazon price.

Oh dear. Miso paste definitely needs dashi in your stock, no question. It absolutely changes the flavour to the stock that I think you might want to taste.
Dash of fish sauce, a bit of palm sugar and some lime juice and you’re golden.
I buy the brand that I like best for all the above ingredients, but I certainly wouldn’t skimp on quality miso paste or fish sauce.
I’m not sure about what you mean about splattering when you eat it, but a Chinese soup spoon is designed to be used with broths like this.
And I cook the noodles separately and add them just at the end to warm.

The dashi I get from most all local Asian markets is powdered in form. Picture of the brand I use!

It's on Amazon. It's the only one I've been able to find in my 4 local Asian markets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231007-212223.png
    Screenshot_20231007-212223.png
    420.4 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom