What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't had cottage cheese in a long time.. sounds good. I have some bananas so I could make a smoothie, or I just might have it on some Special K.

I try to have a healthy breakfast. Usually an egg white omelet with some veggie's in it on WW bread. Sometime I'll have an english muffin with a smear of PB&J. And now with the weather so hot, I've been enjoying cut up fruit with cottage cheese. And, of course, coffee.

This morning I baked a two egg, four cheese omelet in a 6" ceramic ramekin. I was wonderful!

I had a nice big bowl of lima bean/split pea soup from the freezer. It was great, and now that it's gone, I can make more beans.

Rocklobster and Joesfolk suggestions sound delicious. I'm still on my yogurt, nuts and seeds, fruit. I love it. Though I am in need of a big fry up.

I just finished a bowl of Total with a sliced banana on top.
I'll be glad when that Total is gone. I thought it would be close to Grape Nut Flakes. It ain't.

Just got back from a family reunion weekend. Sweetbreads, fruit & coffee every morning with hot coffee over the weekend.

A cantaloupe from the garden has been taunting us from the kitchen fruit basket for a couple of days so....

Our breakfast today was cantaloupe, homemade bread toast, lots of jams, jellies and preserves, orange juice and coffee.

The cantaloupe was perfect. Can't wait to get back out in the garden for more and to make some frozen cantaloupe dessert like I made last year.

A cantaloupe from the garden has been taunting us from the kitchen fruit basket for a couple of days so....

Our breakfast today was cantaloupe, homemade bread toast, lots of jams, jellies and preserves, orange juice and coffee.

The cantaloupe was perfect. Can't wait to get back out in the garden for more and to make some frozen cantaloupe dessert like I made last year.

If you have an extra cantaloupe try Dori Sanders cantaloupe mousse. The recipe along with others from her book are on the web. It can't really be made with a grocery store melon you need a sun ripened melon that is bursting with juice.

Somebody mentioned jams and preserves. If I remember tomorrow I'm going to have an English muffin with cream cheese and jam...yum, I can almost taste it now.

Breakfast this morning was a serving of last night's lasagna. It was even better today.

Back
Top Bottom