What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had salad with a chopped hard boiled egg (well, actually it was steamed) topped with ranchoid dressing.

I had this for breakfast last week (twice) with oil and vinegar dressing.

What is ranchoid dressing?

I had this for breakfast last week (twice) with oil and vinegar dressing.

What is ranchoid dressing?

Ranchoid is my simplified version of ranch dressing: mayo, yogourt or sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, and some fish sauce. After I taste it, I might add some olive oil and / or cider vinegar.

Ranchoid is my simplified version of ranch dressing: mayo, yogourt or sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, and some fish sauce. After I taste it, I might add some olive oil and / or cider vinegar.
Thank you for reply. Sounds good. I just bought a bottle of fish sauce. Haven't used it yet. Never thought of salad dressing. I also picked up Pomegranate Molasses which I was thinking of using in dressing.

Thank you for reply. Sounds good. I just bought a bottle of fish sauce. Haven't used it yet. Never thought of salad dressing. I also picked up Pomegranate Molasses which I was thinking of using in dressing.

I think of fish sauce as for use in Chinese recipes. I guess I am wrong.

I think of fish sauce as for use in Chinese recipes. I guess I am wrong.
It is, but it is useful for other stuff too.

I use fish sauce to perk up lots of sauces, gravies, and dips, unless a vegetarian will be eating it. It just really adds to the level of tasty.

For brunch today I had a killer burrito with a large flame toasted flour tortilla and warmed up Chili Relleno casserole with Mexican rice leftover from last night's dinner.

Now that's a breakfast burrito worth talking about!!

So yesterday, I cooked up a mess of Vadalia onions, red peppers, a hash brown and two slices of bacon.

Now I love Valdalia onions and peppers sauted. I took one bite and I couldn't swallow it. I need to eat. And since Scott died, I can't. So I am going to Lewis Mall today and I have to let them know about my problem of eating.

I made a list of things I need to talk about with them. I have the feeling I will never come out of this nightmare.

Four tacos for breakfast today. Filling just Italian Sausage, Poblanos, Onion, Chili Powder, & sour cream. Enough leftover for enchiladas and a Mexican Lasagna. Didn't break the calorie bank.

A cup of barely cooked kale with a few drops of balsamic vinegar. 2 baked eggrolls with wasabi/soy sauce.

Eggo Brown sugar & cinnamon Belgian waffle topped with butter, fresh strawberries, syrup and a light sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.

belgian_waffles_strawberries_062919_IMG_5950.JPG

With all the eggs I've been blowing scrambled/shirred is about the only way I've been having them.;)

The last couple of days been using up some spinach so -

Mushrooms done along side the bacon, set aside. Egg folded over spinach that has been sprinkled with cheese (mozzarella this time). S,P and a pinch of thyme. Slid out of pan and plopped on the mushrooms and bacon.

Attachments

• c mushrms, bacon, spinach, cheese19.06.30.jpg
    c mushrms, bacon, spinach, cheese19.06.30.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 81
1 bow, half full of rice Krispies,a drizzle of honey, 5 chopped, fresh strawberries, 3 heaping tbs. greek yogurt, alll mixed together Tasted refreshing and good.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sunday Brunch

DH's request for this Sunday's Brunch was Faux Egg McMuffins
… well I didn't have any Canadian Bacon nor Ham,
ah, but I do have some Taylor Pork Roll aka Taylor's Ham in our house ;)

IMG_4424.jpg

I sliced it thick, pan-fried it crisp, fried an Egg to med-hard
and added some sliced Swiss Cheese,
oh and for some color to the plate some diced Tomatoes for DH's plate.

IMG_4425.jpg

For Moi, I'm calling this "East Meets West" :LOL:
A coupla slices of crisply fried Taylor's Ham with a large scoop
of steamed White Sticky Rice or Sushi Rice as some may view it,
topped with Shoyu or Soy Sauce and Furikake :yum:

I can tell you what I am going to have for breakfast today - that lentil salad I made a huge batch of! Those habaneros are good waker-uppers!:LOL:

I told a friend, who likes the stuff almost as much as I do, that I have almost 4 qts of it leftover, and he might get some if he gets over here today!:ROFLMAO:

I do half a crousant, and OH has one crousent and half mine from OH. I'm never hungry in the mornings, but OH is. I like my crousant with apricot jam and that's the way I like it, but in very small qual quantities, so I have a small amount for me and the rest to OH.

di reston

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom