What is your favorite Meatball Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just made Spaghetti and Meatballs last night...we like mine hope you do too...some measurements may be approx..I go by feel.
8oz chuck
8oz veal
8oz pork
4 garlic cloves minced and sauted till soft in a bit of olive oil
Handful finely chopped fresh Itallian parsley (I have a small hand...)
1/4c grated parmesan cheese or more (I definitly use more)
1/4c breadcrumbs or more (I use dry unflavored)
2lg eggs
salt and pepper
Mix all..until combined but don't overmix...mixture will be moist but will not stick to your hands...that is the test!!
Form meatballs into size of your choice (I make fairly small..ping pong ball size)
Fry in 1/2c mix olive oil and vege or canola oil...till golden..blot off oil..
Add to pot of sauce to finish cooking.
This recipe yields approx 18-20 meatballs...We are only 2 sooo for us its 2 meals!
Enjoy!

Swedish Meatballs with Brown Gravy:

1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1/2 cup light sweet cream
1/4 lb ground veal
1/4 lb pork (can be fat)
1 lb ground beef
1 tbsp onion juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp white sugar
1 tbsp melted butter

Brown Gravy:

2 cup water
3 tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp catsup
2 tsp beef boullion
1/2 tsp powdered cloves
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp brown sugar
salt and pepper
flour or cornstarch

Soak the bread crumbs in the cream. Meanwhile, mix all of the meat together very well. Add the onion juice, salt, nutmeg, pepper and sugar. Finally stir the melted butter into the cream-bread crumb mixture. Shape into small meatballs. Spread on shallow pan and place in broiler, turning once to brown.

In large saucepan, combine all gravy ingredients, except thickening. Heat to boiling. Add meatballs. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Uncover and thicken.

This is one of my favorite recipes. My mom used to make this recipe when I was a kid.

Oriental Meatballs

1 ½ lb. ground beef
1 ½ cup soft bread crumbs
2 tablespoons minced onion
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg beaten
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons oil
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 large onion, cut into wedges
1 can (13 ½ oz.) pineapple chunks
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ginger
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ cup white vinegar
4 cups hot rice

Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, minced onion, dry mustard, salt, pepper, egg, and milk. Shape mixture into 18 meatballs. Brown meatballs for ten minutes in oil. Place cooked meatballs onto paper towels to drain. Remove all oil from pan except one tablespoon and add onion and red bell pepper. Saute vegetables until slightly soft. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside. Wipe pan clean with paper towel

Drain pineapple and reserve liquid. Reserve pineapple chunks. Mix together brown sugar, ginger and cornstarch. Combine 1 cup of reserved pineapple liquid, vinegar, and soy sauce in pan. Bring liquid to a boil and whisk in brown sugar mixture. Stir constantly until mixture is thickened.

Return meatballs to pan with vegetables and reserved pineapple chunks. Simmer for five minutes. Serve over hot rice. Serves 4.

I actually make my meatballs like chez suz - the only thing I add is 3 slices of white bread torn up and soaked in a couple of tablespoons of milk. It really makes them moist.

Back
Top Bottom