What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just flew back from a glorious 76° to -14°F, crazy winds and blowing snow. Thankfully, the car started, and we got home!

Cold as a witch's t....

Brought the brass monkey in days ago and now the witch is begging for a thermally-lined bra. What a complainer!

Unusually cold here. We were supposed to have had a bunch of snow yesterday, but it went north of us. Whew! What we've been left with is bitter, skin-burning cold. The winds are at about 35 mph, which only makes the temp even more dangerous.

I got up about 4 a.m. to go to the bathroom and the thermometer read 19F. When we got up for the morning, it read 16F. Today's high is not supposed to go above 20F.

The next several days and nights are predicted to be even colder, single digits with continued heavy winds. Snow and ice are supposed to move in Wednesday afternoon.

All our bird feeders and suet cages are in high demand.

Belize is looking better and better.

Cold as a witch's t....

Belize is looking better and better.

We just returned from the Yucatan, they're in the midst of a Norte down there. However, warm rain is a whole lot better than what we have here now!

Right now it's raining with fog. Temps in the mid-high 30s. Tomorrow, we'll be getting the freezing cold temps you all are experiencing.

9°F and I must go out. Odd, I have felt cold since the surgery, so I am wrapped up in blankets. Need to find my winter coat, probably behind a guitar somewhere.

Don't we have members in England here? I was just viewing pics from England about the flooding there!

Anyone in England/Wales and environs affected?

I can't complain, here in the PNW, although it is a bit cold for this area, just below freezing at night.

Don't we have members in England here? I was just viewing pics from England about the flooding there!

Anyone in England/Wales and environs affected?

I can't complain, here in the PNW, although it is a bit cold for this area, just below freezing at night.
Harry is in England near Wales. I think Gravy Queen lives in that general area too. I don't remember where Mad Cook lives. We have at least one other active member in England. Haven't heard from Harry's brother, Bolas de Fraile for a while.

It rained a fair bit last night and this morning. It was probably freezing rain. Today it has been thawing. Currently 0°C (32°F). It's going down to -17°C (1°F) tomorrow morning. Oh my goodness, the roads will be a mess. The sidewalks will be horribly slick. I've been salting in front of my front door and made sure the water went away.

Thanks, TL----- I wonder if Internet service might be interrupted. I'll have to start watching for their posts.

"Waves up to 27 feet (8.2 meters) high slammed into Britain's southwestern coast on Monday, as lashing winds and heavy rain battered parts of the U.K. and coastal residents braced for another round of flooding."
Monster Waves Slam Into UK After US Storm - ABC News

img_1333891_0_ea5b741efa444ec0dd035bffbcd36599.jpg

It's THAT cold !

Yeah, when it gets that cold does it make a difference? lol

School's were open today, but they've already decided to close tomorrow. This is the earliest I can remember them announcing closings. Probably don't want the kids standing outside waiting for the bus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom