What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More or less, yes. I was wrong, then, about the names (I get very confused when I listen to various American cooks on Food network)

I sometimes put oats in with the flour when the weather's cold but it's a bit much in summer.

Is Martha Stewart out of clink yet?

Sad to say, but yes. I personally think she got off too lightly. Considering the position she had previously held, she knew the rules and deliberately violated them for a lousy $10,000 profit. She now has two shows on PBS. Martha's Cooking School and Martha Bakes. I very rarely watch her. :angel:

More or less, yes. I was wrong, then, about the names (I get very confused when I listen to various American cooks on Food network)

I sometimes put oats in with the flour when the weather's cold but it's a bit much in summer.

Is Martha Stewart out of clink yet?
Crumbles and crisps are two different kinds of desserts on this side of the pond.

AW, but Addie, ya gotta love a real "B" like Martha... it's reported that she's worth over 600 million us dollars ... that's some kinda homemaker boy!

Martha has always been extremely difficult to work for. PBS is her third network to carry her program. The Food Network couldn't wait to get rid of her. The carried her for one short season. You're right. She certainly is a "B". Oh BTW, she no longer owns Omnia Media. She lost complete control of the company. She still owns the magazine though. :angel:

Martha has always been extremely difficult to work for. PBS is her third network to carry her program. The Food Network couldn't wait to get rid of her. The carried her for one short season. You're right. She certainly is a "B". Oh BTW, she no longer owns Omnia Media. She lost complete control of the company. She still owns the magazine though. :angel:

Addie seems to know a lot about someone she apparently disdains and supposedly rarely watches.

025.JPG

024.JPG

"Impossible Pumpkin Pie" (found all over the internet, I don't need to tell you which recipe I tried...)
ack
:yuk:
DO NOT try this recipe,
it has nice flavor, but terrible texture!
I ate a small sliver to taste this before offering it to humans;
gave the rest to the Landlord's doggies,
they liked it... we all (Mr&Mrs Landlord included) had Ice Cream instead

Ate it with Bird's custard (a peculiarly British delicacy invented by Mr Bird because his wife was allergic to eggs so couldn't have real custard) Yum!

I know this is an older post, just wanted to comment on "Birds"
It's available in Canada and Germany, at least from the 50's. We used it mostly for the custard part of a Trifle. Boxed puddings were too sweet, although they did have their uses.

Took me years to realize it was giving me a horrid gut ache. LOL and now I don't know whether or not it was the milk or another ingredient. But in either case - have had to cross it off my grocery list. But I do recommend it to anyone else with out allergies, such as milk.

Bummer on your pumpkin pie, Kgirl. Check out this one: Ginger Pumpkin Tart Recipe : Claire Robinson : Food Network

Though I'm no baker, I get raves, and use more spices in the filling, so it's probably an 8 ingredient dessert. I also use a grocery store brand gingersnap. The texture is good.

Pumpkin is very good for dogs!

yum!
I love pumpkin, alas, DH REALLY dislikes it ... one of the reasons I tried this pie recipe is that I knew that
a) I could share with the upstairs neighbors
and
b) if it was a fail, the upstairs doggies would have a nice treat, even if the humans didn't care for it
:)

I was going to make a Dutch apple pie, but then I found out that Marie Callender has apple pies on sale at half price, so I bought two; French apple and regular two crust apple.

Does anyone know the difference between Dutch apple pie and French apple pie?

Last edited:
I was going to make a Dutch apple pie, but then I found out that Marie Callender has apple pies on sale at half price, so I bought two; French apple and regular two crust apple.

Does anyone know the difference between Dutch apple pie and French apple pie?

Hm. Good question. I make a Swiss apple pie, it's crustless. I don't like pie crust. Apparently they must have different accents.

Recently I test drove 2 apple strudels in preparation for FIL's 89th birthday this coming weekend. Think I will make a regular apple pie for him!

Hm. Good question. I make a Swiss apple pie, it's crustless. I don't like pie crust. Apparently they must have different accents.

You don't like pie crust?! Wut??

I baked a little extra honey cake batter in separate dishes, so DH and I shared one tonight - after I covered it with orange-honey syrup. Yummy ?

Back
Top Bottom