What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, never had them. Is this cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery? Tell us about them, please.

https://www.magnoliabakery.com

Based off of them. There’s a couple of versions out there if you search.

So far I’ve been able to get the chocolate buttercream frosting pretty close (which is the most important part!). The cake though I think is off and need to figure out better.

You know what that means...going to have to visit Magnolias for more taste testing! :)

Their chocolate buttercream frosting is the best I’ve ever had. It’s supposedly an old early 1900’s popular recipe of the time period. Also you don’t refrigerate these which is strange to me.

Last edited:
Chocolate cupcakes. Trying to get Magnolia style down pat. Have the buttercream frosting down but the cake part still not there yet. Oh well guess I’m going to have to make another batch soon... :)

91cdd453644e1ceafbc06e56baf5570a.jpg

Magnolia style. Just about there. I made my own buttermilk so it was slightly off I believe. Just about there though. :)

IMG_2031.jpgIMG_2030.jpg

Cappuccino Pavlova

Cooling in the oven now - 2 egg whites from the geese went a lot further than I thought! :LOL:

When they come out I'll cover with whipped creme, spinkled Cappuccino pwder,

and I guess I'll decorate with some strawberries that were on special.

One for me - One for the neighbour.

Attachments

• 20200410_121945.jpg
    20200410_121945.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 95
IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5849.jpg

IMG_5850.jpg

Mini Meyer Lemon Puff Pastry Tartelettes
with my homemade Curd, but store bought
Puff Pastry.
I put just a touch too much filling, that
bubbled over and the Pastry therefore
did not puff like it should have.
But chaya know, there's nothing
a little Powdered Sugar can't HIDE!!! :LOL:

`Member that Meyer Lemon Curd that I made and froze?

IMG_5847.jpg

Well, I decided that I was going to try this recipe from Just Cooking's (Ross's) favorite Dessert For Two.

IMG_6138.jpg

I forgot to make the adjustments for our high elevation (almost 4900 feet above Sea Level) and well, not prefect. :blink:

IMG_6143.jpg

But, no one's the wiser once you fill and "frost" this cake.

IMG_6149.jpg

A bit on the dense side, but once it sat in the `fridge for a bit,
it was wonderful.
I did make one tweak to the recipe, and made Stabilized Whipped Cream with unflavored Gelatin.
I will try this again with the correct adaptations at a later time.

I have a gluten free pie crust in the freezer that needs using and a pile of cream cheese so I am going to try and make a chocolate cheesecake pie. If it turns out I will try and remember to take pictures (not my strong suit).

Sometimes, it's the simplest things that satisfy. I had four beautiful, crisp, deep red, and crispy chunks of watermelon. It cleansed the palate after a bowl of stroganof, and was so tasty and refreshing. My best 7 layer butterscotch cake could not have been more satisfying.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The boredom is starting to get to me, so I have been baking. I made two, count 'em two Japanese cheesecakes. They are oishī (delicious).

I also baked some apple cinnamon tarts and a dozen of my extreme blueberry muffins.

Well, had to look up Japanese Cheesecake. Fascinating! There are several around me. I'm just finding out, one of the most iconic bakery now found practically all over the world is Uncle Tetsu's.

Thanks for sharing Sir Loin - hope you are enjoying yours!

Japanese Cheesecake? That stuff is delicious!!

Speaking of delicious,
we were talking on the dinner thread, about a recipe that Ross had mentioned and made,
Chocolate Cream Pie.
I'm going to take it a step farther with this recipe.

Teds-Chocolate-Haupia-Pie.jpg
(photo courtesy of Hawaii Magazine)

We use to buy this pie alot to take to parties back home in Hawaii.
Now that I've found this recipe, I'm going to try it!
It's so ONO!!!

Japanese Cheesecake? That stuff is delicious!!

Speaking of delicious,
we were talking on the dinner thread, about a recipe that Ross had mentioned and made,
Chocolate Cream Pie.
I'm going to take it a step farther with this recipe.

We use to buy this pie alot to take to parties back home in Hawaii.
Now that I've found this recipe, I'm going to try it!
It's so ONO!!!

Oh Yeah!! Let us know how it comes out.. :yum:

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom