What's Sup' Saturday, 3-12-2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled a Rib Eye and put some quartered Yukon Golds and Broccolini in the hot box

IMG_1382.jpg

Soup weather today! I trimmed a bunch of that cutting celery in the hydroponics, and I got the idea for a soup. I used mostly the stems, in the mirepoix - the leaves I'll use in something else.
Leaf celery trimmed from the hydroponics. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I made a batch of mushroom barley beef soup, and I put a couple cups of cubed butternut squash, leftover from the last thing I made with it. I didn't have any fresh mushrooms, but had about 1/2 c duxelles in the freezer, which is about a pound, cooked down. Plus .75 oz of dried boletus, which adds a lot of flavor to these soups, and other mushroom dishes.
Mushroom beef barley soup, with a little butternut squash added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tonight Stirling made supper. When he made tacos last week, he made enough "taco meat" that he would be able to make this meal. The tacos were delicious and so was this oven baked, taco meat omelette. It was very meaty. ? :yum: We had it with leftover rice pilaf from an order of Greek food.

Stirling's taco omelette.gifStirling's taco omelette and rice pilaf.gif.jpg

I made banana bread muffins and had two as dessert.

It was soup/braise weather here, too. I made pork ragu, which I served over fettuccine, and green salads. Moose Track Ice Cream for dessert. 20220312_195552.jpg20220312_195609.jpg

Back
Top Bottom