Which warehouse do you prefer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Costco!! It went in across the street in the Field my kids played in when they were little. I have made friends with all the workers so I enjoy just going over to visit.

The only thing I hate is their open door design..I think they are trying to cool off the parking lot. We just broke the record here in Sacramento..this is day 11 of over 100* We will have 106* today. 111* yesterday.
Marge

ironchef said:
Costco, but I also like Cost Plus for their imported goods.

I'm not familiar with Cost Plus but I'll check to see if we have one around here. I sure would like to check it out.

I think I'll go with CostCo. I used to buy alot of Christmas/birthday presents at BJs at wonderful prices. I assume CostCo is the same.

I have all three within reasonable driving distance, but much prefer Costco to the others. I like the selection of products carried and I like the layout of the store. As has been mentioned, the quality of the Kirkland products is better or at least equal to the name brands sold at the name brand retailers. But the main reason that I prefer Costco is the excellent return policy that they have. If you have a problem with the item purchased or simply don't like it, you just return it. I've never been refused a return yet and they refund your cash, not a store credit.

We use costco..My dh loves the place..When having a party, you can get larger amounts of things and their meat if fantastic..Although I get most of my things at my favorite grocery store, costco's meats are much better and things that I use a lot of like onion, potatoes, rice much better buy for me.

kadesma:)

Sams Club>BJs, just my $.02(at least in Hampton Roads).

We have a costco, and it think it would be better if they were in a newer building. The place they are in is an old PriceClub, and like 30 years old, so the are limited to thier space.

I have to agree with The Z about this.

I've done quite a bit of checking price / lb, and price / unit (in that case, diapers), and found that the local Sam's just doesn't really offer any real savings over Wal-Mart and Meijer (same type of store), and, I don't have to fork over $35/year to be a member. And, since I am a cook, if I want bulk products, I can get them, at wholesale cost, from my boss.

BJ's - coz that's the only game in town.

You do need to know your prices before you go in there. Not everything is a bargain just because you are buying in bulk. Good prices on meat, I will say that. And their book prices can't be beat.

We have Sam's here, but I dont see the reason behind paying to shop in bulk...so I dont. Why pay a fee for this unless you own a business?

Sure you can save when things go on sale and store in the freezer, but is it worth the fee?

I save much more than the fee they charge every year. So yep, for us it's worth it.

I've never heard of BJ's, but I used to belong to Sam's Club, and have at least been in a Costco, but won't be joining either of them anytime soon. There are only two of us, and either you have to buy too many of an item or the container of a product is too big for us to finish before it gets stale (ex. peanut butter in two giant containers packaged together). I liked to go to Sam's, and they had some good prices, but if you can't use the stuff before it goes bad, it's not much of a deal.

BC

If you don't have a membership, don't these warehouses let you buy things but they add 5%?

I shop at Costco now and then, and it's okay, but the meats, imo, are pricey!
I love love love Costplus, like iron chef mentioned. It's not a warehouse store, but you can get all kinds of amazing international brands/foods, such as vegamite, violet crumbles, clotted cream, golden syrup, etc....

Here's a copy of an email I got yesterday - if you click on the link you can get a free one-day Sam's pass & maybe that will help you make a decision:

Dear Jkath!

I personally sent out your pass last night, so please let me know when you receive it.

The pass is valid for any Sam's around the country. Thankfully, all of the Sam's are now selling our pops so if you have any difficulty finding it on the shelf, please ask one of the Sam's employees to help you. The product is definitely there.

If you ever go to any internet message boards (Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet, Low Carb, NutriSystem, etc.), please do me a huge favor and post something that will let the people know that I would be happy to send them a 1 day visitor pass so they can try our product at any Sam's Club in their area.

I look forward to hearing from you.

~ Alex Plotkin-Owner/Co-Founder

SUGAR FREE PhillySwirl NOW Available at SAM'S CLUB!!!

WOULD YOU LIKE A 1 DAY VISITOR PASS TO SAM'S CLUB?
CLICK Here----> http://www.phillyswirl.com/aboutus/1day.cfm

BJ's is closest to my house so that's where I go but I used to belong to a Costco and liked them as well. To be honest, I don't really notice a big difference between the two. You do have to watch what you buy in quantity though. Some things just don't pay.

Back
Top Bottom