Why is mono-sodium glutamate not common in India?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you see "drumsticks" called for in Indian dishes it is probably not chicken, or something just made to look like drumsticks. I occasionally find them in the fresh produce section, but they always in the frozen section. Only tried them once, and was not thrilled with them. It's something that you chew up, to get the flavor out of, then spit the fiber out of, to put on a side plate. Closest thing I could think of is artichokes, but I like those! When I see a recipe calling for them, usually a mix of vegetables, I sometimes substitute okra.

Aha! Je dormirai plus sagement ce soir.

So now there are 3 drumsticks. The original sticks for a drum. Chicken legs probably first re-purposed for use on a drum ( :-p ). and now a fibrous vegetable pod that looks (to me) like an English cucumber.

It came up here at least once before. @larry_stewart shared a video of village cooking in India. It was very cool. They listed an ingredient called "drumsticks". I wondered about that and misremembered the name as "chicken bones". I asked Larry and confused him enough that he had to watch the video again. Oops :oops:
IIRC, they looked to be the size of about the length or width of a hand, much shorter than an English cucumber.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom