Are you having a burger today, 5/28, on National Burger Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We are, but they'll also have cheese.

BTW, some of the burger chains are giving away freebies today.

Last edited:
A run errands day so, a burger sounds good.

Just need to decide where. ;)

I am baking an apple pie for dessert tho. :yum:

Ross
Decided upon Galloway Grill
I had a Bacon N Blu burger.
Jeannie is a rebel so, she had a BLT.
Beer battered spicy fries for us both.
Of course, the apple pie is for later.

Ross
IMG_20210528_151456009_HDR.jpgIMG_20210528_092242152.jpg

Nope !
Friday is Fish Day 'round these parts !

Shrimp Cocktail , Air Fryer Tilapia Fillets, Sticky Rice, Early Peas and 'Shroom Pieces.......

Shrimp Cocktail.jpg

Tilapia Fillets .jpg

Bun burgers with cheddar, pickles, onions and my secret sauce. Cheesy mashed potato fries.

Attachments

• 2021-05-28 19.44.04.jpg
    2021-05-28 19.44.04.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 43
No burgers here today. We're having roast herb marinated chicken.

And here is the roasted, herb marinated chicken. I served it with a salad of rainbow chard, Boston lettuce, red onion, corn kernels, and chopped pecans with a new batch of vinaigrette. There were fries baked from frozen - made with duck fat. They were good, but not that special. We finished off the last of the leftover pilaf.

Here's Stirling's first plate, with some of the breast:

Roasted, herb marinated chicken, salad, duck fat fried French fries, pilaf.jpg

And I had a drumstick and part of the thigh later:

Roasted, herb marinated chicken leg, salad, duck fat fried French fries, pilaf.jpg

Broiled sirloin steak, macaroni and cheese and grape tomato and fresh mozzarella pearls salad (oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and fresh basil). House blend dipping sauce.

sirloin_steak_052821_IMG_8151.jpg

This was planned well before Hamboiger day...

Miso Pork and Japanese Eggplant Skewers

they were delish - a guaranteed repeat

it was raining so were done on the stove grill.

Attachments

• 20210528_185805.jpg
    20210528_185805.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 43
Bun burgers with cheddar, pickles, onions and my secret sauce. Cheesy mashed potato fries.

Sounds interesting and looks tasty. What are "bun burgers"? And are the cheesy mashed potato fries a lot of work? I never heard of that before, but it sounds delish.

We almost had burgers but we don't have any buns. So we had grilled cheese and tomato with egg and lemon soup.

Most every BIG picnic offers burgers and hot dogs. I made the dogs steamed in beer. Extras were Bush's baked beans and fresh steamed corn with grape tomatoes. I grated a bit of Grana Padana on top of my serving.
IMG_20210528_205334802.jpg

Sounds interesting and looks tasty. What are "bun burgers"? And are the cheesy mashed potato fries a lot of work? I never heard of that before, but it sounds delish.

The mostly cooked burgers, cheese, pickles and onions are all wrapped in yeasted potato dough and baked. Then dipped in sauce as they are eaten.

First time I ever made the cheesy mashed potato fries. They were pretty easy, but I'm going to make some minor edits and make them more tot size next time.

I have to write recipes for a challenge on another forum so will post them here in a day or 2. Both were definite make agains.

The mostly cooked burgers, cheese, pickles and onions are all wrapped in yeasted potato dough and baked. Then dipped in sauce as they are eaten.

First time I ever made the cheesy mashed potato fries. They were pretty easy, but I'm going to make some minor edits and make them more tot size next time.

I have to write recipes for a challenge on another forum so will post them here in a day or 2. Both were definite make agains.

Ooh, looking forward to seeing the recipes. I'm glad you have to write them up anyways.

Back
Top Bottom