What are you eating Sunday January 10, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
stew is on the menu and either corn bread or biscuits.

what about you?

Round steak and pork tenderloin. Cooking for next week. Not sure what to make for side dishes.

Ma's Sunday again:)
Today it's pot roast with mushroom gravy,mashed potatoes,green beans,garlic and bacon, salad is romaine with grape tomatoes,avocado,red onions and then frosted brownies and ice cream for dessert.
kadesma;)
oops forgot the warm Italian bread and butter.

so far, I fried polenta rounds with powdered sugar and syrup for breakfast. Need to go put chicken in the crockpot for either chicken enchiladas or tacos this evening... Wishing everyone a great day!

so far, I fried polenta rounds with powdered sugar and syrup for breakfast. Need to go put chicken in the crockpot for either chicken enchiladas or tacos this evening... Wishing everyone a great day!
thank you and i wish you a great day also.

i think the meat is thawed out so i will be cutting it up and starting my stew soon.

Hello. It's my B Day and I'm cooking Chicken puprikash for the Family. Did you know? Your quote is by Dr Seuss?

Chicken puprikash is a wonderful dish the family loves. I grew up with it from my Hungarian mother and learned how to make it, taste just like mom use to make. It's :chef:

Hello. It's my B Day and I'm cooking Chicken puprikash for the Family. Did you know? Your quote is by Dr Seuss?

Chicken puprikash is a wonderful dish the family loves. I grew up with it from my Hungarian mother and learned how to make it, taste just like mom use to make. It's :chef:
happy birthday

Ma's Sunday again:)
Today it's pot roast with mushroom gravy,mashed potatoes,green beans,garlic and bacon, salad is romaine with grape tomatoes,avocado,red onions and then frosted brownies and ice cream for dessert.
kadesma;)
oops forgot the warm Italian bread and butter.
That all sounds amazing. My idea of Sunday dinner :)

I took out some frozen chicken soup . The bf has a bad cold and lovely enough, i wake up with it .
I'll add some more veggies, chicken and egg noodles to it . BUt that is about all the cooking going on here today.

my stew meat has been cubed, dredged, browned and is now simmering in beef stock and burgundy wine with sauted mushrooms and onions. the house smells wonderful.it has been decided that we are having cheese biscuits brushed on top with melted herb butter before baking.

I keep seeing these chuck roast that have so much marbling they scream ... "I'm Tender, Take Me Home!! .. So Sunday dinner was....

Roast...
Smashed Tators.......
Steamed Asparagus that needed to go today!!
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts....
Yellow Squash Casserole........
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Pecan Icing........

My day (the whole weekend really) has been a blur so far. I'm wiped and I'm still supposed to deal with a yoga class. I don't think that is going to happen. Dinner is going to be some form of chicken breast. If I get a nap I might get creative. Wish me luck!

We had fried chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, roast asparagus and asian salad. - no dessert, but I had a clementine later.

Beef stew - bottom round roast cubed and dredged in seasoned flour (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, rosemary and cayenne pepper) and browned. Then simmered in beef stock, burgundy wine, gravy master, sautéed mushrooms and onions. Peas, potatoes and carrots added at the end. Steamed broccoli. Cheese biscuits (shredded 4 cheese blend added to the dough) brushed with melted herb butter (the same herbs as added to the dredge flour) before baking.

img_870628_0_4f6e79b4da2eddb10acdba35234b84be.jpg

img_870628_1_a5bcc6ece422884693c1a55a734a352f.jpg

My day (the whole weekend really) has been a blur so far. I'm wiped and I'm still supposed to deal with a yoga class. I don't think that is going to happen. Dinner is going to be some form of chicken breast. If I get a nap I might get creative. Wish me luck!

Alix, I am also feeling very uninspired about what to have for dinner. I had sausage and egg on an English muffin for breakfast. But, so far I have not come up with a thing to have for dinner. Good luck!

Alix, I am also feeling very uninspired about what to have for dinner. I had sausage and egg on an English muffin for breakfast. But, so far I have not come up with a thing to have for dinner. Good luck!
Thanks SC! We decided on a low prep meal. We're doing parmesan chicken, wild rice blend and a caesar salad. With luck, there will be leftover chicken and tomorrow's lunches will feature wraps.

Pasta salad sounds yummy but like too much work for me! Supper is smelling lovely and will likely be done in about 20 minutes. Bon appetit all.

Back
Top Bottom