Strawberry liqueur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I found a drink recipe I want to make that calls for strawberry liqueur. I've never heard of it. Does anyone know a brand name or something or where I might find it?

I found a drink recipe I want to make that calls for strawberry liqueur. I've never heard of it. Does anyone know a brand name or something or where I might find it?
I don't have a brand name for you, sorry. A number of years ago I had a recipe for making liqueurs. It involved, a quart of fruit (cranberries were great), cups of sugar, and vodka to fill a gallon plastic jug. Then, shake it daily until the sugar dissolves and let it sit for three months to mellow. (sour cherry was good too) Strain and serve.
I would think that the sugar acts as a preservative, as well as the alcohol keeping down any bad bacterias that might form. It might be something to try with Strawberries. Yum. Good Luck ~Bliss

Midori used to do one. And I think you probably would find one in the Vok range. If you were in Australia there is also a local one by Strawberry Fields.

DeKuyper (sp?) seems to make every flavor imaginable when I go browsing....
Maybe they have a schnapps of some sort?

Googled Strawberry liqueur. Listed Midori and Bols, neither of which are availalable in Virginia. Basically the homeade recipes pretty much follow blissful. You might be able to recreate the flavor in a drink with frozen strawberry concentrate, sugar, maybe a touch of lemon, and vodka. Might not taste exactly the same, but sounds good. I guess you could call it the Crankin Strawberry.

Googled Strawberry liqueur. Listed Midori and Bols, neither of which are availalable in Virginia. Basically the homeade recipes pretty much follow blissful. You might be able to recreate the flavor in a drink with frozen strawberry concentrate, sugar, maybe a touch of lemon, and vodka. Might not taste exactly the same, but sounds good. I guess you could call it the Crankin Strawberry.
bigjim and crackin, check out this cool link for making them.
Liqueur Flavoring Reference Table
there are some awesome flavors. They would make nice gifts for friends and relatives. ~Bliss

Back
Top Bottom