What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's impressively warm out compared to the last couple of days. Windy and just starting to snow but just barely see it. Hunkering down and hoping the wind prevents it from building up on my roofs.

3E903D7D-837A-4CF1-8338-299E4FC6ECFB_1_105_c.jpg

We have tried to shovel but no one is plowing the street. There is at least 2 feet of snow in the road. So even if we get our car cleaned off we can't move it.

It's unusual that we are getting the snow before Dragn. She lives west of me, but this is a Nor'easter, so it's coming from east and north of us. It's cyclonic, so it's the same storm that is slamming folks south of us along and near the Atlantic coast. We are only expecting about 15 cm (6 inches) for the Island of Montreal. With the weather warming up, we are glad that it likely won't get up to freezing, so there shouldn't be any rain mixed in with it.

Last edited:
It looks like it's going to be a white week around here. Yesterday our dear neighbor snow blowed about 6" of snow from our driveway. Tomorrow's snowfall predictions range from 2-4 to 4-6 inches, depending on which report you're looking at. It should end early enough for my neighbor to clear the drive the same day so I can shop Wednesday and Thursday (I have plans for making him an apple galette this go-round). Then this coming weekend could bring another 6-8 inches of snow! I sure hope my little one-location grocery store has the beef shanks they list on sale this week (only $2.29 a pound!). It's my favorite cut for making beef veggie soup - another favorite pay-off to my snow-blowing neighbor!

We aren't even getting into what's possible during the week of Valentine's Day...

I was lucky yesterday - was supposed to be 4-8" of snow, but a lot was rain, so it was only about 2" of very wet snow. As soon as it stopped, I shoveled it out of the way, and cleared the car and truck off, threw down some ice melt, and that was it....until later, I remembered that today is trash day, and I went out to clean a path to the cans, and clean those off. I already had 2 weeks worth, because of last week's storm, plus all that stuff from my freezer packing! And I didn't even throw out the cardboard - that's a bunch of "mulch" for the garden.

It was -5F this morning on the way to work...after I got the 4 inches of snow off the car.

We got about 6-8" of snow on Sunday. Waiting for some today and here and there during this week.
Next week has snow in every days forecast.
On my way out to food shop.

Welp. Missouri is trying to catch up. :ermm:

Wind chill below freezing today, 8 to 10 inches of snow due Sunday and Monday.

I wanna go to Cali for a month or two. :LOL:

Ross

It's been snowing steady for 24 hours with more to come, only this time with wind. They are predicting wind chills to -35F. electric blanket, check, hot cocoa, check, Star Wars movies, check.

I can't believe we've made it almost thru February without a great deep freeze. Been some cold but not like -40 C/F (same/same) we usually get about a week of that somewhere along the line.

maybe I should knock on wood.... :ermm:

Waiting for an ice storm today into tomorrow.
Big snow storm Tuesday. And maybe more during the week.

Several inches of snow on the ground here in Central Ohio. In fact, it's snowing right now. Sunday night into Monday we're supposed to get a storm that's going to bring us another 4-6", finishing up with freezing rain. The freezing rain is the part that worries me. Freezing rain on top of all that snow can bring down power lines and weigh the snow down to where it's darn near impossible to shovel.

I'm a winter gal and I love snow, but they can keep the ice.

In winter, that beautiful, sunny, blue sky is a big warning that it is likely extremely cold. I learned that the hard way.
Yup. Cloud cover has an insulating effect. Clear skies in the winter mean there's nothing to hold heat in the air. We're going to have a high (unusual) of 59F tomorrow and when the skies clear overnight, we'll have 39F Wednesday.

Yup. Cloud cover has an insulating effect. Clear skies in the winter mean there's nothing to hold heat in the air. We're going to have a high (unusual) of 59F tomorrow and when the skies clear overnight, we'll have 39F Wednesday.

I noticed that a long time ago. It's even noticeable on cooler spring and summer days. If it clouds over before the sun sets, it doesn't cool off as much in the evening.

Back
Top Bottom