My knives (on a magnetic strip)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathanKent

Assistant Cook
our house....in the middle of our street.
img_519702_0_f95d2d6fc3ef4037299883bca750cc97.jpg

img_519702_1_1c93dd5cf437c24e0097f73e4ca6d3f0.jpg

From R to L:

Henckels Twin Four Star II 7" Santoku. My first real knife. Gets precious little use lately, but very adept for handling tomatoes and disassembling heads of lettuce.
Sabatier Four Star Elephant 9" Chef's, 6" Chef's, and 4" Paring. These were my father's knives (he's somewhere on this forum too) from back in the '70s when he was a bachelor. I'm not sure why he elected to part with them, but I'm very glad he did. The 9" is the most comfortable, balanced knife I've ever held.
Chicago Cutlery 100S 3" Paring and 61S 6" Boning. I don't know where these came from. I think I may have accidentally inherited them from an old roommate. They're nothing special--just inexpensive stamped blades--but they hold an edge very well. The 3" has an unusual curve to the blade that I don't see on other examples of this same knife. I'm not completely comfortable with the shape of this knife and use it in a very limited capacity.

The last knife is another one I may have accidentally inherited. It has no distinguishing marks beyond the words 'stainless steel', which appear on the blade. Not particularly sharp. Not particularly comfortable. Not particularly useful. I think it could be used to pin theses to a door, but otherwise I'm at a loss. Right now it occupies space while I seek out a good bread knife, fileting knife, and scaling knife to round out the collection.

hehe Bowlingshirt. :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I love my bread knife. What a difference it makes. One would make a fine addition to your collection.

:heart:
Z

hehe Bowlingshirt. :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I love my bread knife. What a difference it makes. One would make a fine addition to your collection.

:heart:
Z

My music forum made the same observation about the alcohol. :LOL: That's only about half the bottles though--other than the really expensive Scotch on the top shelf, the good bottles are on another cabinet. The stuff on the hutch is my basic bar stuff for mixing drinks for friends. I don't let them near the good stuff unless I think they can actually appreciate the difference.

And yes, a bread knife is a definite necessity for my collection. I have a cheap one right now, but I do intend to upgrade soon. I just haven't picked one out yet.

Back
Top Bottom