4th letter starts a new word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bienenstick - a German sweet-yeast dough cake topped with almonds, honey, and filled (sometimes, not always) with a cream-custard type of filling. One of my favorites when I lived in Germany...

Neapolitan Ice Cream - Blocks or swirls of vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice cream all in the same container. It's an American version of the Sicilian Spumoni which consist of cherry, pistachio and chocolate Ice cream.

pirogi - A Russian turnover[SIZE=-1][/SIZE] consisting of a pastry wrapping and various fillings such as meat, seafood, cheese, potatoes and/or mushrooms, which can be baked or fried.

Tonkatsu

Invented in the late 19th century, is a popular dish in Japan. It consists of a breaded, deep-fried pork cutlet one to two centimeters thick and sliced into bite-sized pieces, generally served with shredded cabbage and/or miso soup.

Either a pork fillet (hire) or pork loin (rōsu) cut may be used; the meat is usually salted, peppered, dredged lightly in flour, dipped into beaten egg and then coated with panko (breadcrumbs) before being deep fried.

It was originally considered a type of yōshoku—Japanese versions of European cuisine invented in the late 19th and early 20th centuries—and was called katsuretsu ("cutlet") or simply katsu.

Early katsuretsu was usually beef; the pork version, similar to today's tonkatsu, is said to have been first served in 1890 in a Western-food restaurant in Ginza, Tokyo. The term "tonkatsu" ("pork katsu") was coined in the 1930s.

Krumkake--a thin, crisp, sweet, Norwegian cookie cooked on a krumkake iron and rolled around a wooden cone. In my family, we never fill these, but some fill them with whipped cream or ice cream. That defeats the purpose--they turn soggy.

Last edited:
Kaminari-Okoshi

An "Okoshi" is one of the sweets currently made many places in Japan, such as the "Kaminari-Okoshi" of Tokyo, and the "Awa-Okoshi" of Osaka.

This "Kaminari-Okoshi" is made from the Edo period, last stage. They are the wonderful sweets which remain in the present age.

Sort of rice krispy treat, being made of popped sweet rice, other stuff like peanuts and/or sesame and ginger or green tea, and a mixture of sugar and a starch syrup called mizuame.

Apparently they are thought of as a bit nostalgic of old Edo.

Last edited:
Ag no man :( I again!!!!!! lol

Italian Ice Cream - Pure bliss, creamy heaven made by the Gods of the ice cream world! Think I should go take a cold shower now :P

Back
Top Bottom