Any good quick Cauliflower Side Dish recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So many good sounding ideas! I seldom think to buy it as I'm always more interested in adding green veggie's to our diet. I'll have to add a head to the grocery list.

Funny. My cousin's wife is a registered dietitian and last summer, when my mom said something about veggies with more color being more healthful, she gently corrected her, saying that all veggies have some nutritional value - even the white ones ;)

Funny. My cousin's wife is a registered dietitian and last summer, when my mom said something about veggies with more color being more healthful, she gently corrected her, saying that all veggies have some nutritional value - even the white ones ;)

Interesting info GG. I'm wondering about the real nutritional value of white opposed to green though. Just going by what my mama taught me long ago, something green should be served with every dinner, so I try to do that. just because. ;) Green has always been my number one choice and I rarely serve a dinner without some kind of green.

Last edited:
Interesting info GG. I'm wondering about the real nutritional value of white opposed to green though. Just going by what my mama taught me long ago, something green should be served with every dinner, so I try to do that. just because. ;) Green has always been my number one choice and I rarely serve a dinner without some kind of green.

I think of those old rules every time I put together a holiday meal!

So many little kitchen tips and hints from my Mother, Grandmothers, etc...

Funny the little memories that a child will carry with them for a lifetime!

I wasn't suggesting trading in green veggies for white and there's nothing wrong with including something green in every meal (although in some households 30 years ago, that meant an iceberg lettuce salad). But onions, garlic, cauliflower, even white potatoes, have good nutritional value.

I like this site for looking up and comparing nutritional values: http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

I wasn't suggesting trading in green veggies for white and there's nothing wrong with including something green in every meal (although in some households 30 years ago, that meant an iceberg lettuce salad). But onions, garlic, cauliflower, even white potatoes, have good nutritional value.

I like this site for looking up and comparing nutritional values: The World's Healthiest Foods

No, I knew you weren't. I just rarely serve more than one veggie as a side although I cook with several.
Thanks for that link. ;)

Doesn't that look beautiful??! :yum:

It really makes a great presentation.
I only made it once, it didnt ' brown up' exactly like the pic, so I have to work on it a bit. Also, I had problems getting the cheese to adhere to the cauliflower. Because of its hard, solid texture, only some of it stuck. I havent made it again, but when I do, these are the things I got to tweak.

Steam or simmer 'till cooked,strain and set aside while you toss some cumin seeds, a few chilli flakes, S&P, some garam masala or a shake of curry powder into the warm pan with a knob of butter or olive oil. Heat through and then return the cauliflower and gently turn in until coated. yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom