Anyone know about universal remotes acting funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry to ask this in a food website. i am on a primitive phone browser and it cant get other Q/A websites to work right with it. dont want to join a electronics geek forum just for one dumb question.

here is the trouble. i got a vibe axcess 5:1 universal remote. i followed all the directions and hit the stop button when dvd turns off to save the code. so far only 2 of 15 of my brand kind of work but the arrow keys do not work

but here is the even stranger part. when i hit menu button the remote goes into a different mode where the light flashes off and on repeatedly (every 2 seconds) and then the arrow keys work momentarily during the light flashing but then after ive selected something about 2 mins later everything stops, even the movie as if someone hit stop button

while it is flashing if i hit menu again the remote goes back into its normal mode. so i have been able to cheat a little by placing my hand in front while hitting menu button to put it in odd mode to move arrow keys to where i want it then placing my hand back in front to hit menu to put it back in normal mode.

but that still dont seem right. does anyone know more about universal remotes and what could be going on and how i can correct it?

There are all kinds of audio/video forums. Google your model number and add your queary (shortened) and Google will most likely hit back with some audio video forum posts dealing with your model remote.

Alternately, you could drive to every electronics store and grab different brands. You could get lucky and bring back the others. Save your receipts. ;)

Last edited:
There are all kinds of audio/video forums. Google your model number and add your queary (shortened) and Google will most likely hit back with some audio video forum posts dealing with your model remote.

Alternately, you could drive to every electronics store and grab different brands. You could get lucky and bring back the others. Save your receipts. ;)

The only one you will like ever need.

http://www.avsforum.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom