Bored of dry pork chops, any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This site wouldn't last long if every time a new member asked a question they were told, "Look it up, we already answered that question!"

This is not Google, it's a community of people who like to help each other. We discuss cooking. Hey, that's a good name for a cooking site!

Often times you get more valuable information from having a discussion that just researching and reading.

Brining and not overcooking are the key here.

This site wouldn't last long if every time a new member asked a question they were told, "Look it up, we already answered that question!"

This is not Google, it's a community of people who like to help each other. We discuss cooking. Hey, that's a good name for a cooking site!

Couldn't have said that better myself Andy :)
Personally I prefer asking on DC even when I can easily find the answer elsewhere. Googling something won't provide me with the added laughs and chats that I get when asking here. Most advise I've received here has also been more helpful than any Googled answer I've found.

The fact that I always check out a thread title concerning "dry pork loin" means that it's worth the repetition and drill of some TNT methods. And almost always, there are tidbits of information new to me, or something to spark the creative juices, like a chutney combo I've yet to try...

"Saving the world one dry pork chop at a time is a noble cause." ~spork

One of the reasons I joined this and stick with it whenever my computer programs change is that I am often asked, over many moons, by people in grocery stores how to buy this or that, what to do with it, etc. Most often it is younger folk just learning about shopping and cooking, but often it is older people who simply never cooked for one, in some cases are widowed and really haven't cooked at all. Since I now have lived in a small town for ten years, many people here know me (I write a column on occaision, with my photo published). So people feel they know me. Most recently it was an older gentleman (I'd guess maybe mid 70s) who didn't know how to select an avocado. Once it was a quite young couple debating the purchase of a pork loin roast, a pair of tenderloins, or a bone in roast. I'm quite tall and often reach up to hand down food to someone shorter or in a wheel-chair and wind up in a conversation about whatever it is I'm helping them with. Since I love to experiment, having you all to help me with it all is great, and yes, I know that sometimes we repeat and .... so what? We always have a few newbies.

Here's my mother's method. She always said "you will never get a dry pork chop in my house!"

Large skillet, a little bit of cooking oil (she used Mazola®, I use olive), a 28oz can of pork & beans (she used Campbell's, I use Bush's Homestyle), and four 4oz boneless loin chops. Brown the chops on both sides in cooking oil, remove from skillet, drain off oil and wipe out skillet, return chops to skillet, add 28oz can of beans and one can of cold water. Bring to boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, but before beans start sticking to pan. Serving size: one pork chop and ¼ of the beans and sauce. Add a big green salad and it's a meal.

Sounds good ...except for wiping out the pan:ohmy:. Why on earth do you want to wipe away all that flavor. Of course I would fry in bacon fat so I really want to keep that flavor around:chef:

Andy M. said:

I like that, Andy!

Breaded pork loin chop

img_1043781_0_1af29e570989bcad8d742fb284299949.jpg

My husband loves pork. I almost always wind up with dry and touch pork chops. The only way I have ever gotten tender ones was to brown them and then simmer them for an hour in pork gravy mix. I would love some other ways to cook them to get tender ones. I'd appreciate any help.

This has always come out juicy and tender:
Brown chops in Hot oil on the top of stove ,just to brown ,and move to a baking dish
cover with sauerkraut , and canned tomatoes , sprinkel with caraway seeds and bake @ 350 for 30 minutes. (optional: garlic and onions)
I have also cooked this in a pressure cooker after browning.

Breaded pork loin chop

img_1069215_0_1af29e570989bcad8d742fb284299949.jpg

I've been jonesing for some pork chops lately and KNEW I could find a photo of a perfectly cooked chop by MsMoffet! You never let me down, MsMoffet! Your style of cooking is the one that I've used for my entire life! You have yet to ever post soemthing that isn't EXACTLY how I make something!:chef:

All of your dishes are 10+ to me on the Yum Scale! Your fantastic offerings shown in your plated pics, make me drool like a rabid dog!:ROFLMAO:

Please, ask your hubby if I can move in with you! I promise I won't make much noise! Only slurping and crunching on your incredible meals!:pig::pig::pig:

I've been jonesing for some pork chops lately and KNEW I could find a photo of a perfectly cooked chop by MsMoffet! You never let me down, MsMoffet! Your style of cooking is the one that I've used for my entire life! You have yet to ever post soemthing that isn't EXACTLY how I make something!:chef:

All of your dishes are 10+ to me on the Yum Scale! Your fantastic offerings shown in your plated pics, make me drool like a rabid dog!:ROFLMAO:

Please, ask your hubby if I can move in with you! I promise I won't make much noise! Only slurping and crunching on your incredible meals!:pig::pig::pig:
Oh my Thank you :blush:

Brown chops, set aside. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms to pan and saute. Add some sherry or white wine and deglaze pan. Add can of concentrated cream of mushroom soup, half can of water, 1/2 tsp paprika, thyme, fresh ground black pepper, fresh chopped parsley. bring sauce to a simmering boil until thickened a bit, add pork chops for 5 minutes to finish cooking. Serve by spooning over egg noodles or rice....

Last edited:
Guys y'all jumped the gun a bit! The OP is having dry pork chops because they are sitting for too long after being cooked before they get a chance to eat it. They may be overcooked but OP says they get busy and can't eat right away, thus dry chops.

As far as I know once it's cooked, it starts to dry out if it sits and there's not a good way to stop it. You can brine and it will help this buuuuuuut... I'd say get a cheaper cut of pork and braise it low and slow. You'll be able to eat on your own time without the meat sitting around and drying out.

Last edited:
I don't want to get a raspberry for this butTTTTTT I saw a commercial on TV suggesting the use of a package of Ranch dressing I tried it and cooked my chops in a slow oven, they were easy to cut and chew no driness to them.They were very good.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom