Coffee popsicles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
Good for hot weather and a great way to use up leftover coffee.

2 1/2 C strong coffee
6 oz coconut milk
1/4 C dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 C half and half

Mix it up and freeze in molds. I often add a little instant espresso powder to the leftover coffee in increase coffee flavor.

You can fool around with ratios of sugar and cream - adjust to taste but this works well. The coconut milk gives an lush, smooth mouth feel and a less icy result - don't substitute this ingredient.

pop.jpg

This recipe makes enough to fill a 10 slot Popsicle mold like Progressives

Last edited:
Boy do these look good! I'll definitely have to give them a try.

Janet I wanted to ask you... what brand of coffee did you use to make these popsicles?
Also, did you by chance use a French Roast or an Espresso Ground Coffee?

Last edited:
I made 2 batches of these popsicles. The 1st batch I made as per written, but didn't like how they turned out (taste-wise), so I made a 2nd batch, which the popsicles turned out better, and I used the following amount of ingredients...

I actually made the coffee in my Kuerig Coffee Maker, and I used 4 K-Cups of Café Bustelo Espresso (Dark Roast) Coffee, and made 4 (5.25 oz.) cups of coffee. I ended up with a 1/3 cup more of the coffee, but eliminated that.

I also used 9 tablespoon of dark brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 8 ounces of the coconut milk, and a 1/2 cup of Half & Half.

I ended up with 11 (3 oz.) popsicles. I did have a wee bit of coffee leftover, but I just drank that. The popsicles tasted wonderful, and with the 9 tablespoons of dark brown sugar added, they had just the right amount of sweetness to them. And by using the Café Bustelo Espresso (Dark Roast) Coffee, the flavor of the coffee really came through.

Those look great! I use a french roast typically to make mine and recently tried a batch with a little cinnamon in them. I find that I have to change the sugar/dairy ratio depending on the strength of the coffee and have been considering adding a little chocolate... could be good ;)

Just...YUM! I used Yuban Dark Roast and added Coconut oil to the recipe. Whizzed it in the NutriBullet to emulsify the oil. No sugar in my recipe.

Yuuuummmmyyyyy... good one Janet! I'm sure I try to make them this summer. My husband and I are addicted to coffee :-p

Those really make me wish I could have coffee!

My Mom used to make tea ice cubes that we would use in our ice tea! Not the same, but the popsicles reminded me of them!

Back
Top Bottom