Cooking Skills I Used Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only skill of note for today was cutting a chiffonade of basil. If anyone doesn't know what that is, you roll several basil leaves up tightly, and slice it to make narrow strips of basil leaves.

CD

I do this too,but didn't know it had a term. I'm Gunna drop that in when I want to impress people.

Russ

Chiffonade

The only skill of note for today was cutting a chiffonade of basil. If anyone doesn't know what that is, you roll several basil leaves up tightly, and slice it to make narrow strips of basil leaves.

CD

Chiffonade

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiffonade

View attachment 31184

I cubed up a Yellow Watermelon this morning

View attachment 31185

and added some Chiffonade fresh Mint (did I phrase that correctly? :huh: )
and crumbled Feta.

:chef:

I said that Casey :ermm::rolleyes:;):LOL:

If you roll thin slices of Taylor Brand pork roll, you get a chiffonade of Taylor ham.

Thicker slices, cut into cubes or rectangular cuboids are called lardons of Taylor ham.

Last edited:
If you roll thin slices of Taylor Brand pork roll, you get a chiffonade of Taylor ham.

Thicker slices, cut into cubes or rectangular cuboids are called lardons of Taylor ham.

Well, I'll be hornswoggled!”

I always thought that was pork roll.. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 2-3lbs-Taylor-Ham-Pork-Rolls11.jpg
    2-3lbs-Taylor-Ham-Pork-Rolls11.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 89
I emptied and reorganized the deep freezer today..I think that takes more courage than skill..there were things in there I never knew or remembered I put in there..surprising how much room you can save when you reorganize..

View attachment 31236

Yes, I can read, "John Taylor's ..."
but this is my kitchen, :LOL::LOL::LOL: as I said,
and we call it Taylor's Ham... Spam same thing to me ... ooooooooooooh
did I say that?

View attachment 31237

The very first time I had, well what ever you want to call it,
I told DH, "MMM, tastes just like Spam."

View attachment 31238

The taste is similar to SPAM, but the texture is different, IMO. Your photos do show the right way to cook it -- with the four cuts to keep it flat. That's a cooking skill. Bucky probably cooks it in a microwave oven. :rolleyes:

CD

sign0101.gif

Well this thread has gone sideways...:LOL:

Like most days, I needed to use a knife. Guess I was skillful enough - came out of cooking unscathed. Also unburned, since I managed to get the trays of pizza into and out of the toaster oven without ever toughing a hot spot. Yay me! And I found the box of ice cream sandwiches :yum: in the freezer before getting frostbite on my fingers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom