Hi, new one from England

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silvercue

Assistant Cook
Hello,

Home cook looking for tips and sharing ideas...mainly learning though! :chef:

Favourite food to cook is risotto...which I love, especially with a nice wine.

I also like hot and spicy food and have been known to grow my own chilies.

Look forward to contributing

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing about your kitchen. I also love spicy foods, and this year I will have 16 varieties of chili peppers going into my garden - a light year for me.

Welcome, for a DC member in Texas. We have a lot of spicy food here. I only have four kinds of peppers growing this year -- I have a small yard and I travel a lot, so a small garden is all I can handle.

I looked up Fleet on Google Maps, and I it looks like passed by there on my way from London to (I bet you could guess where, LOL) Stonehenge.

I hope you become an active member.

CD

Last edited:
Hi silvercue.
I've been to the uk a few times. Loved Cornwall. Look forward to your pics.

Russ
I am pretty well travelled, I go to Europe about 5 times a year, and have been to Asia, Africa and America.....but Cornwall is my favourite place on the planet ?

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing about your kitchen. I also love spicy foods, and this year I will have 16 varieties of chili peppers going into my garden - a light year for me.
sounds great. I went a bit mad a few years ago and planted so many they took over. Having a break from growing now but plan to grow next season.

Welcome, for a DC member in Texas. We have a lot of spicy food here. I only have four kinds of peppers growing this year -- I have a small yard and I travel a lot, so a small garden is all I can handle.

I looked up Fleet on Google Maps, and I it looks like passed by there on my way from London to (I bet you could guess where, LOL) Stonehenge.

I hope you become an active member.

CD
You may have driven down the M3, that passes right by Fleet. Once you leave the motorway you find a lovely town with beautifully scenery too.

Texan food has a great reputation even all the way over here, it is my kind of food too

Texan food has a great reputation even all the way over here, it is my kind of food too

Well then, you can count on me as your "friend in Texas" when you want to cook up some Texas food for your "mates." Just make sure they are not on a low calorie, low fat diet. :LOL:

Actually, we do eat a lot of vegetables in Texas -- too often deep fried or covered with butter. But, we do have some healthy dishes here. Simple things cooked simply over a bed of wood coals.

Most of all, I can help you navigate the maze of myths about Texas chili. It is actually easy to make Texas chili, but there are all kinds of ways to make it difficult, thanks to the internet.

CD

Last edited:
Hi, this is ken from scotland. I love cooking and found this platform best for me.

Well welcome. You have come to a fun place. Lots of laughter and great food ideas that are shared with everyone.

My first husband grew up in Cockermouth, Eng. Right near the Scottish border. He may have been born in England, but his accent was right out of the highlands of Scotland. I had to learn a whole new language when I married him.

So stick around. We love new members that come from other countries. As a result, we learn about a lot of dishes from foreign lands.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom