How much of a picky eater are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm not much of a picky eater! How about you?
2017-06-14-18-50-22.jpg

https://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/how-much-of-a-picky-eater-are-you

7/87 if I am taking this assuming that I have hunted the meat products myself and that the butter and cream and eggs are humanely gathered. Otherwise, I am 27/87.

While I consider myself to be a pretty adventurous eater, I am also a vegan hunter so that sort of limits what I eat lol.

I should change my name to Mikey I'll eat anything...the only two things I won't eat is licorice and goat cheese.

I can't imagine there being 14 things on that list that you won't eat GG!!

Last edited:
The only two I checked were marmite and taramasalata.. I didn't know what they are and after Googling, I'd probably not be inclined to eat either..

The only other item I hesitated on was fish with head and tail on.. I'd eat it if served but, would not order it in a restaurant, unless it was trout...

Ross

Three. Kidneys, liver, and after looking it up, probably taramasalata. Never heard of it, but it doesn't sound good.

Last edited:
The only two I checked were marmite and taramasalata.. I didn't know what they are and after Googling, I'd probably not be inclined to eat either..

The only other item I hesitated on was fish with head and tail on.. I'd eat it if served but, would not order it in a restaurant, unless it was trout...

Ross

:yum:
Chinese style steamed whole fish, YUM!
In Honolulu it would be opakapaka or Snapper, with oodles of fresh Herbs and a finish of a ladle full of hot oil to crisp the skin.
A pair of chopsticks and a bowl of rice and I'm in!

:yum:
Chinese style steamed whole fish, YUM!
In Honolulu it would be opakapaka or Snapper, with oodles of fresh Herbs and a finish of a ladle full of hot oil to crisp the skin.
A pair of chopsticks and a bowl of rice and I'm in!

As I said, " I'd eat it if served but, would not order it in a restaurant"

Perhaps you will invite Jeannie and myself to dinner... I'd certainly not turn up my nose at it, were that the case.. :LOL:

Ross

I came up with only 5, which must account why my belt needs loosening up a bit recently.

Tofu, marmite, kidneys, liver and taramasalata (never heard of it, think I can continue not missing it. )

They forgot Fish sauce. Can't cook with it, consequently my Viet/ SE Asian dishes lack the whole flavor necessary to round out the flavor in a dish. It's fine in restaurant dishes.

I'm thinking this must be a British-designed quiz, based on some of the foods listed. I came up with two: marmite and taramasalata. I've never had the opportunity to try marmite, so I can't say I dislike it. And I had never even heard of taramasalata. I had to Google that one.

I will honestly eat pretty much anything.

I'm allergic to melons and eggplant but I'll gladly eat ALL of the other things on the list. It seemed a very tame list ...
I thought the same thing. Now if durian, natto, or half the things Andrew Zimmern eats were on the list, I wouldn't have fared nearly as well.

Attachments

• picky.jpg
    picky.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
I should change my name to Mikey I'll eat anything...the only two things I won't eat is licorice and goat cheese.

I can't imagine there being 14 things on that list that you won't eat GG!!
Hmmm. It says what *don't* you eat, not what *won't* you eat. I have eaten tofu and blue cheese, for example, but I don't care for them, so I don't eat them. I won't eat insects, though.

Mine was 10. I have heard stories about the flavor of marmite...salty beer mash? Naw, I'd rather just drink the beer, thank you. I had enough calves liver and kidneys as a kid to last me a lifetime, and most of the other things I don't eat would be OKish if I was starving to death. I mean how bad can tofu with raw onions be?

The other five were Blue cheese, lamb, parsnips, coriander, and white chocolate. If I have to take the calories, I want to taste cocoa.

I thought the same thing. Now if durian, natto, or half the things Andrew Zimmern eats were on the list, I wouldn't have fared nearly as well.

I'll gladly eat durian (somehow I'm not allergic to it) and natto but not some of AZ's other delicacies.

I'm surprised that so many people haven't hear of taramasalata. It's a pretty common meze dish. It's yummy!

It does appear to be a British based list, Steve. Courgettes, aubergine, and 'tinned' tuna were a give away. :)

Mine was 4. I've never been a big fan of organ meats so I checked off kidneys and liver. Same with any kind of roe (can't remember now the name they used in the list), tried it and didn't like it. Marmite - I've had it a few times and tried to like it, but just couldn't.

Kay....I could be remembering wrong, but I though little Mikey hated everything...:LOL:

I am a picky eater. I don't know what happened. As a child, I would eat anything. Now, not so much. Some of the foods I couldn't even pronounce or didn't know what they were. I eat all the veggies. Marmite? Isn't that a food they eat in Aussie or England? I do eat liver. Quite often. I eat all sea food. Except for octopus. And for meat, even though it wasn't on the list, tripe. No thanks to that. 14 out of 47.

Marmite in England and Vegemite in Australia. Or at least that's how I remember Kylie mentioning it. Unless my memory is all fuzzed again. Ooo, look, squirrel!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom