How much of a picky eater are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's an American thing to put yogurt in it. Not much.

I've had it at various places and I remember a bready texture like gazpacho but it very well could have been potatoes

Sagittarius, the only taramosalatas I have had been made by Greek friends. Yes cant have it now due to my problems with citrus.

Four for me - blue cheese, eggplant and parsnips, rhubarb

Blue cheese? Why, too strong for you? Just wondering, you eat pretty much anything from what I can tell. My kids were not crazy about blue cheese till I whizzed up some with butter and gave it to them to spread on crackers. Now they love it.

Two items turn me off a food. Without even tasting it, the smell right away. And I am willing to try greens, but if I taste bitterness, I will never go back to them. Yet I do like some greens you find in soup.

Blue cheese? Why, too strong for you? Just wondering, you eat pretty much anything from what I can tell. My kids were not crazy about blue cheese till I whizzed up some with butter and gave it to them to spread on crackers. Now they love it.
In general, I like strong flavors. Blue cheese has a nasty flavor, imo. I just don't enjoy it. I don't like Swiss cheese, either. It tastes like it's gone bad.

I was surprised that that was a list of pretty normal foods. I chose two that I never heard of, Marmite and Taramasalata, and I checked pickled onions, because I have never had them. But everything else I have had at least once, and would eat again if presented.

I want to do it again, based on DH's likes and dislikes. It will be a complete different story. LOL

You don't eat 29 out of 87 things on this list!
You are a very picky eater! So much so that going out for dinner is a never ending round of "could I have [x] but without the [y]". People give you shade, but what do people know!? Eat whatever you want, and politely turn your nose up at anything you DON'T want. Especially goat's cheese.

I was right. DH is a VERY picky eater! He has eaten a few of the hated things but didn't know it, as I've used them in recipes that he's eaten, such as cottage cheese. Shhhhhh

Last edited:
7 here, but that is because I don't eat bread, pasta, or rice (assumed white rice). I do eat wild rice and cargo rice. My kidney eating days are long past. I have never tried marmite. I probably would try it. Bananas I only eat in Banana bread. Not on the list that I won't eat are smoked eel and lutefisk.

Last edited:
Different strokes. I don't like Swiss cheese either.

You're both weird. How can you not like mildly melted Swiss cheese with avocado on a roast beef sandwich? As far as blue cheese goes, how can you not like chunks of blue cheese on Ritz crackers? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You're both weird. How can you not like mildly melted Swiss cheese with avocado on a roast beef sandwich? As far as blue cheese goes, how can you not like chunks of blue cheese on Ritz crackers? :ROFLMAO:

Love blue cheese and I'm not weird I am crazy, get it right at least lol.

I'll gladly eat durian (somehow I'm not allergic to it) and natto but not some of AZ's other delicacies.

I'm surprised that so many people haven't hear of taramasalata. It's a pretty common meze dish. It's yummy!
It is yummy. We get it in Greek restos, either in the salad bar or in pikilia. I find it "softer tasting" than most roe dishes, like caviar. I have had it made with potato and I have had it made with bread. If you pay attention, you can taste a slight difference. I'm sure that lots of people who don't like fish roe in other ways would like this.

I tried the quiz twice. First time answering what won't you eat and my score was five. Second time with what don't you eat and my score was 21. But, there are some things I don't eat because my husband won't eat them, so there is no point in buying them. They won't get used up before they go off. Sometimes I don't buy something, e.g., parsnips, because I'm really not going to make a dish like stew just for myself. One of the things I won't eat is tofu, because it's unfermented soy and I'm not supposed to for medical reasons.

Do you like collards, Addie?

I did as a kid. Living in an Italian neighborhood, I was exposed to a lot of greens in their soups. My daughter still cooks Italian since she married into an Italian family. So I still occasionally eat her soups. And she certainly uses collard greens. To just eat those "soup" greens, as a veggie on my plate, I find that most of them are bitter. Italians for some strange reason love bitter foods. Maybe they do it as a punishment for past sins of their ancestors.

I have have cooked kidneys and they were delicious. We were very poor and they were cheap. I made them ~ three times. The last time, I don't know what went wrong, but the whole house smelled of pee. I thought I had soaked them long enough. I haven't tried cooking them since. I will eat them in a resto or if someone serves them, but only if they don't smell of pee.

I did as a kid. Living in an Italian neighborhood, I was exposed to a lot of greens in their soups. My daughter still cooks Italian since she married into an Italian family. So I still occasionally eat her soups. And she certainly uses collard greens. To just eat those "soup" greens, as a veggie on my plate, I find that most of them are bitter. Italians for some strange reason love bitter foods. Maybe they do it as a punishment for past sins of their ancestors.
Some people taste bitter more than others. I really dislike bitter too.

I thought about it some more and got it down to 10. I took it to mean what don't you like to eat, not what will you absolutely refuse to eat.

Raw onion
Marmite
Blue cheese
Tofu
Parsnips
Licorice
Grapefruit
White chocolate - if I'm going to have chocolate, I want it to be CHOCOLATE [emoji38]
Kidneys
Liver

GG, out of your list, I won't eat Marmite, Blue cheese, Tofu, Licorice and Kidneys. I don't go out of my way for white chocolate. But if it is part of the recipe for a frosting that someone made, I will eat it. For myself, I will use powdered sugar for a white frosting. Will never eat it as a candy bar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom