Hump Day Dinner 8/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pasta Night !
Shrimps, Peas and Cheese Sauce (American) over Thin Spaghetti......

Shrimp, Peas & Cheese over Pasta.jpg

Corned beef on seeded sour rye with homemade coleslaw on top and on the side.

corned_beef_coleslaw_082521_1_IMG_8495.jpg

corned_beef_coleslaw_082521_2_IMG_8500.jpg

I'm not sure what we'll have for dinner, since I didn't get the Carnitas in the Sous Vide until noon and it takes 8 hours to cook. Sigh. I will likely rummage thru the freezer for some leftover something-er-other.

My sister asked for a ride to a medical appointment and suggested we make a small detour to one of the Armenian markets in Watertown. I'm glad she did.

I bought some lamejun (made with lamb and plenty of garlic), pickled vegetables, two types of bulgar, some choreg (sweet rolls) and string cheese.

Some of the lamejun and pickles were dinner tonight along with a caesar salad. I'm in heaven!

4F5B8973-8BDB-4D48-B4ED-051301A5E4B9_1_105_c.jpg

My sister asked for a ride to a medical appointment and suggested we make a small detour to one of the Armenian markets in Watertown. I'm glad she did.

I bought some lamejun (made with lamb and plenty of garlic), pickled vegetables, two types of bulgar, some choreg (sweet rolls) and string cheese.

Some of the lamejun and pickles were dinner tonight along with a caesar salad. I'm in heaven!

View attachment 48442

Oh, that does look tasty. Have you ever made lamejun?

Oh, that does look tasty. Have you ever made lamejun?

Yes, my daughter and I made it once. It tasted great but is labor intensive. Here's a pan ready for the oven. You can see I had trouble with the concept of 'round'!

706EAC6B-A7D7-42C7-8514-5FFFC69753E5_1_105_c.jpg

Andy, their lamejun might be rounder, but it looks like it had little bear ears.

Dinner was going to be burgers on the grill. I guess everyone thought of that - the corner store was out of their Wednesday sale ground beef. Plan B was grilled cheese sandwiches with tomatoes. The store did have local grown tomatoes. Himself said it was too hot to eat, but he was hungry. My go-to on a hot day is tuna melts. Those, plus home dill pickles, were our supper.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Mom was really "ono" (hungry for) Fried Chicken
:idea:

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00855.jpg
(file photos)

She wolfed it down!
DH and I had our private evening chat after Mom went to bed,
he said he was amazed at how much food Mom has been eating since coming to live with us.
She ate like a bird when she was by herself, not good.:unhappy:
Now she's eating three squares a day ... we'll put some meat on her bones :bb:

Leftover cheese pasta (homemade) with leftover, homemade New Mexican style, no bean, no tomato chil9, combined and heated in the microwave. My mouth severely needed something to neutralize, and balance the strong flavors. A cold Pink Lady apple did that admirably.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom