I made hot dog soup on Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No different that with a Kielbasa type sausage i would guess.
Yeah, not sure the Slavic peasantry would go along with hotdogs or velveeta but I understand what you mean. My uncle use to fry bologna and call it newfie steak and as kids we loved it, I still do it once in a while.

Yeah, not sure the Slavic peasantry would go along with hotdogs or velveeta but I understand what you mean. My uncle use to fry bologna and call it newfie steak and as kids we loved it, I still do it once in a while.
Some friends were talking about what you eat when you are broke. One person mentioned "cowboy steak" AKA fried baloney. Several friends nodded. One of the other friends, an indigenous Canadian, a member of a Mi'kmaq band, said, "Baloney! That's for when you have money. Salmon is what you eat when don't have any money." :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Some friends were talking about what you eat when you are broke. One person mentioned "cowboy steak" AKA fried baloney. Several friends nodded. One of the other friends, an indigenous Canadian, a member of a Mi'kmaq band, said, "Baloney! That's for when you have money. Salmon is what you eat when don't have any money." :oops: :ROFLMAO:
Haha, so true, and they gave the fish cannery workers on the east coast lobster to eat at the turn of the 20th century because it was seen as a waste product and was used as a fertilizer or thrown out and was considered a poor mans meal.

Haha, so true, and they gave the fish cannery workers on the east coast lobster to eat at the turn of the 20th century because it was seen as a waste product and was used as a fertilizer or thrown out and was considered a poor mans meal.
I remember reading that in Denmark, there were laws about the maximum frequency you could feed your farm workers salmon, on the island of Borhnholm.

I remember reading that in Denmark, there were laws about the maximum frequency you could feed your farm workers salmon, on the island of Borhnholm.

And a Jamaican woman I worked with told me about poor people sneaking out to the beach at night to harvest conch. Because, no one wanted to admit they were eating food that was free for the picking at the beach. Which, reminds me of when I lived in the country. My Scottish husband (ex-husband now) shot a grouse and admitted it to the people in the village. They were shocked that he admitted that we were eating grouse. We had a good laugh. In Scotland, the grouse are sort of "saved" for the rich English to come hunt. The opening of grouse season in Scotland is a big deal with rich Brits arriving by private and chartered planes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom