I "Think It's Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We installed PV solar systems on our place and a rental house. Our 2000 Honda Insight hybrid gets 60 mpg and still runs really well. I built a yearround greenhouse that's heated about 95% by solar collection and heat storage, and have an outdoor garden as well. We recycle and do whatever we can.

But I don't think we're going to be okay. Just look at the atmospheric carbon. Bad habits are way too hard to break.

Last edited:
Has anyone planted a tree yet? A fruit tree will enrich your table fare, and beautify your yard. In MI, at my home, I planted three sugar maples, 2 cherry trees, two apple trees, a bountiful globe, purple lilac bush, and a couple of spruce trees. I'm not there now. I did this over a ten year period. I also have a bunch of wild strawberries, and raspberries on my side yard, along with 5 lowbush blueberry plants.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
We don't have the space to plant a tree, but we have planted a whole lot of flowers and herbs. And we recycle, we have high-mileage vehicles, we try to use ceiling fans more than air conditioning (till I get cranky [emoji16]).

We don't have the space to plant a tree, but we have planted a whole lot of flowers and herbs. And we recycle, we have high-mileage vehicles, we try to use ceiling fans more than air conditioning (till I get cranky [emoji16]).

Have you tried a homemade swamp cooler? I also used to spray he outside of our stucco-sided codon in El Cajon, Ca. Our yard, patio, and inside was easily 20' cooler than our neighbors. They though I was crazy. Me, I though I was making life bearable in the 90'+ heat.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Swamp coolers were helpful when I lived in the arid semi-desert of inland Southern California.
In my experience, useless most of the time in the highly humid conditions of the Southeastern US.

Back
Top Bottom