If you had a cooking show, who would you be like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PolishedTopaz said:
I would be a Sara type I think, explaining the differences between things and proper knife methods ect.... She's cool. [for an "elf" type stature :D ]

Pol, she is my favorite chef, I have her cookbook and use it regularly. There are some great recipes in there. And yes, her 4'10+ stature is imposing becuase of her personality and ability. She runs a good show.

I would be the chef of "An Ordinary Guy Who Loves to Cook". The emphasis would be on teachg techniques, but in a fun and spontaneous way. That is, I would have other people do the cooking, prep work, and so on. And those people would be chosen out of the audience at random. I would teach them how to use a knife, what to look for in food quality, how to choose and use tools, proper cooking techniques and what they're used for, etc.

I'd have to be somewhat scientific, as that's my nature, but mixed with artistic creation. I love to teach others what I know, and learn from others as well.

Cooking is a creative process. But just as painter must know what types of brushes and mediums he needs to create his masterpiece, so too does the cook.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I am renaming my show. It will be called Chop Chop and will begin with a shot of me chopping a chickens head off and tossing it in a pot of boiling water.

I would like to be Giada De Laurentiis's husband if I had my own show.

laugh.gif

norgeskog said:
I would get my best friend and do a Two Fat Ladies only neither of us is fat, so I guess Two Not-So-Fat Ladies......two svelt ladies, two average broads?????

"Two average broads"! I LOVE it!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Goodweed of the North said:
I would be the chef of "An Ordinary Guy Who Loves to Cook". The emphasis would be on teachg techniques, but in a fun and spontaneous way. That is, I would have other people do the cooking, prep work, and so on. And those people would be chosen out of the audience at random. I would teach them how to use a knife, what to look for in food quality, how to choose and use tools, proper cooking techniques and what they're used for, etc.

I'd have to be somewhat scientific, as that's my nature, but mixed with artistic creation. I love to teach others what I know, and learn from others as well.

Cooking is a creative process. But just as painter must know what types of brushes and mediums he needs to create his masterpiece, so too does the cook.

I love that idea!! I would have to plant myself in your audience regularly in hopes to be picked!! :D

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

DampCharcoal said:
MJ, Giada, rrrrwowr! :LOL:

you guys really think giada's hot? i think she's ok, a little to skinny for me, and her face is way too angular. (and it looks like she has multiple rows of teeth like a shark :D )
don't get me wrong tho. i love her show, and her on air personality. it's one of the few shows i still watch on foodtv.

on topic: i would like to have a carson-esque talk show, but after the monologue, the guests (both celebrity and non-celeb, especially professional chefs) would be interviewed as they cooked a meal on stage. there might also be some food related skits, including the guest.
of course, it would be sponsered in part by the ronjohn brewing corp (getting america drunk on good beer for nearly a quarter century), in association with krusty-lou studios... :D

MJ said:
I would like to be Giada De Laurentiis's husband if I had my own show.

My husband would agree with you MJ, but too bad he's stuck with me... :D

Back
Top Bottom