I'm Calling it The Chief's SBCR and it's tasty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
SBCR - sun butter, chocolate, and raspberry. This sandwich idea came to me yesterday. I gave it a try and it wa very good. It satisfied a couple of cravings. First, some background:
Two flavor combinations I have loved forever are peanut butter, and Raspberry jam, and peanut butter and chocolate. I'm not supposed to be eating much peanut butter, or chocolate. But I can have a little every once in a while. I have substituted sunflower butter for the peanut butter in this sandwich so that it better fits my diet. So, I decided to use that little that I could have, modify it, and make myself a treat. Hers's what I made.

Ingredients:
2 slices white bred
1 tbs. Sunflower Butter
1 tbs. Ovaltine Chocolate Malt Powder
1 tbs. seedless Raspberry jam

Spread nut butter on one slice of bread to cover. Sprinkle Ovaltine evenly on top of the nut butter. Spread the jam onto the other bread slice. Put the slices together with the nut butter/Ovaltine.jam on the inside. Enjoy with a hot cup of herbal teas.

Yup, that's all there was to it, and it was better than I thought it would be. I'm surprised some candy company hasn't come up with a similar flavored bar. Think of it, a raspberry jam center surrounded by malt, and all covered in tempered dark chocolate. If anyone here makes candy truffles, this might be a winner.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom