Indigenous Peoples' Day ~ 10/12/20 ~ What's At Your Luau?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!

I made a recipe from one of my favorite murder mystery writers, Diane Mott Davidson. It's The Whole Enchilada Pie recipe, but I made only half a recipe worth. Besides topping with lettuce (among other things) I put it on a bed of lettuce so we had more veggies.

Jeannie and I will love the half of the recipe you didn't make. Thank you for the link. :)

Ross

Well, there was no way that I was going to make the above meal here
In The Middle Of The Desert,
but what I did make was a Hawaii-Style Cold Somen Noodle Salad,
ONO (that's delicious in Hawaiian ;)) !!!

View attachment 43433

View attachment 43434

https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/2019/06/21/auntie-donis-somen-salad/

I'll need to re-do this post, I missed the step of rinsing the noodles under cold water once cooked... I used a different brand of Somen, and it did not mention that step, so ...
Looks really good!!!

Jeannie and I will love the half of the recipe you didn't make. Thank you for the link. [emoji2]

Ross
I try to include links when I have them. Just a note about this recipe. I've made it twice. The first time we thought that the cheese topping would be better if it didn't get crispy - it was too hard. Didn't make a note in the cookbook, so I forgot last night. After yesterday's supper, I've now noted to cover the casserole until the last five minutes or so of the baking time.

I try to include links when I have them. Just a note about this recipe. I've made it twice. The first time we thought that the cheese topping would be better if it didn't get crispy - it was too hard. Didn't make a note in the cookbook, so I forgot last night. After yesterday's supper, I've now noted to cover the casserole until the last five minutes or so of the baking time.

Thank you for the heads up. I will note that on my copy of the recipe.

Ross

We had a spatcoked chicken rubbed with a compound butter of garlic, onion, paprika, black pepper, and salt It was roasted just right. I added baked mini pumpkins with an inner coating of butter, brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon. and nutmeg We had butter baked brussel sprouts, and for dessert, freshly made butter tarts, with a golden raise. and golden syrup/butter filling that had the consistency of a smooth jam, with sof, plump golden raisins, all in a s;ightly sweet butter tart crust. Each tart measured about two inches wide, and there ere enough for two servings per person. Oh we also had another Native American dish,whose name i can't remember that was2 cups each fresh blueberries, and raspberries, 1/4 cup honey, amd 1/2 cup water, all simmered to a thick syrup consistency, which was great when spooned over the chicken,for added to the butter tarts. It was a wonderful meal.:yum:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom