Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My initial impression is that watery butter is not an issue. When I take out the bell, I just let it drip back into the base for a second. It’s not an issue.

Look What Santa Brought Me ...

squeeeeee!!

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Mom sent me this absolutely adorable Pie Plate!

IMG_0117.jpg

DH ordered this on line for me :wub:
I see a Cheesecake in the horizon ;)

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

and this was in my Stocking.
How cool!
I've seen these little Cast Iron pans for far more than
these were, $5, + a cookie & a brownie mix (we each got one)

I hope that everyone got just what they wanted this year,
Merry Christmas all!

I got these kitchen toys for Christmas

Tart Tamper

tamper-2020.jpg

Tart Pans

tart_pans-2020.jpg

Fish Spatula

spatula-2020.jpg

Rocker Garlic Press

garlic-press-rocker-2020.jpg

(PLUS Heated Spa Mitts (helps the arthritis fingers)

heated-spa-mitts-removebg-preview-removebg-preview.png

I got a beautiful new maple rolling pin with walnut ends and a rack to store it on. I noticed it has a few empty slots... :chef:

DSC_0957.jpg

I got a beautiful new maple rolling pin with walnut ends and a rack to store it on. I noticed it has a few empty slots... :chef:

View attachment 44693
Have you ever made springerles? They're a German Christmas cookie made with a rolling pin that stamps designs into the dough. Traditionally, they're flavored with anise. The designs can be simple or quite elaborate.
il_570xN.1952254395_cqn6.jpeg

Have you ever made springerles? They're a German Christmas cookie made with a rolling pin that stamps designs into the dough. Traditionally, they're flavored with anise. The designs can be simple or quite elaborate.
View attachment 44694

No but I'm thinking I need to give that a shot. I've had springerles and they are my kind of cookie!

No but I'm thinking I need to give that a shot. I've had springerles and they are my kind of cookie!
My husband has been making them for several years. They're kind of a pain, but they're his and his father's favorite Christmas treat. We send his dad a boxful every year. I'm not fond of anise, so DH eats the rest [emoji16]

do you know how hard I've kicked myself when I realized I'd thrown out a springerles roller? This was years ago, but I'm still kicking myself.

I used to use it when throwing clay. Either gave it away or chucked it when I stopped throwing pots. I always knew what it was but never figured I'd get into baking/cooking like I have.

GG - love your stain glass bee! positively adorable!

Always need a good rolling pin rack! Think I'm only ever gonna get one if I make/buy it myself, LOL.

Santa was good to us. I have a lot of new accessories for the kitchen, so my family got me several things that I really wanted for the garden.

For the kitchen:

• Some storage bins
  • A metal pegboard for the cast iron
  • Chalkboard
  • Trashcan that matches appliances (yes, I was bouncy about it!)
  • A shelf for over the sink
  • Assorted mats and trivets
For the garden:

• Colorful glass tiki torches
  • Sheppard's hook hangers
  • Some poles for patio lights
  • A bluebird bird bath (Momma loved blue birds.)

I love seeing what others got. Kitchen items are simply so much fun. Today, I found our Butter Bell. It felt like Christmas morning all over again. ;)

I got my wife new flooring. Of course we need to wait until we do the entire kitchen remodel, so it may be a while before she gets to use it.

It's the thought that counts...

I received some fun kitchen gear for Christmas...
attachment.php

This is absolutely gorgeous! We have a number of leaded glass items, mostly small window ornaments. However, we purchased a beautiful window sized panel that we've hung in the two previous homes. Sadly, it's wrapped and stored in the basement in this house because there isn't one good spot for it. Seeing your design, though, has me thinking I need to have Himself hang it in an OK spot for it.

Or just finally get moved back to OH and find/build a house with a perfect spot. Yeah, yeah, that would work!

I got a beautiful new maple rolling pin with walnut ends and a rack to store it on...
I like that, Janet!. So much so, I showed it to Himself and asked him to make something like that for me. I have only my one French rolling pin here, since I took my standard one to our daughter's to make pies when we're there. She also probably has my Mom's old one somewhere in a box in her basement - at least I hope she still has it! I could probably acquire a few more pins before Himself even cuts the wood for the backboard. :LOL:

attachment.php

This is absolutely gorgeous! We have a number of leaded glass items, mostly small window ornaments. However, we purchased a beautiful window sized panel that we've hung in the two previous homes. Sadly, it's wrapped and stored in the basement in this house because there isn't one good spot for it. Seeing your design, though, has me thinking I need to have Himself hang it in an OK spot for it.

Or just finally get moved back to OH and find/build a house with a perfect spot. Yeah, yeah, that would work!
Isn't it?! I'm so excited. Can't wait till it arrives (I actually bought it myself after Christmas).

Yes, definitely find a place for your panel. How about your sunroom?

New kitchen bling arrived! Apple cider doughnuts on the menu for tomorrow!

Also, a bottle of food-grade mineral oil came with the new cutting board, so DH oiled all the ones I already have. I'm too lazy [emoji1787] 20201231_124948.jpg20201231_124957.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom