Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might be at Canadian Tire. I also use Lee Valley and Williams Food Equipment. I have seen it, and saved to an onsite wish list for at least one of those stores.

Sometimes it's hard to tell from the pictures. But, for all I know, we get a different version, with metric, here in Canada. I'm curious about that too.
My 2 cup OXO (like above) has ML measurements on one side.

My 2 cup OXO (like above) has ML measurements on one side.
Here's a picture from Amazon. I hope it helps.

Amazon com OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring Cup Home Kitchen.jpg

I ordered myself a few things from Amazon. These came yesterday.
I really like OXO products.

OXO Good Grips Contoured Mess-Free Salt Grinder

oxo_salt_grinder-jpg.44642

Sherpa Pink Himalayan Salt - 2 lb. Bag Coarse Grain - for Grinders and Salt Mills​

himalayan_salt-jpg.44643

A while ago I mentioned in another thread that my SO always chose the wrong tool for the job.

The other day she wanted to whip some frosting so she grabbed my OXO 9" whisk 74091.jpg and promptly broke it.

I replaced it with this: D9088D87-BCBE-484F-9736-F1295C7B9587_1_105_c.jpg

Nice handle on that new one Andy, like it.

I prefer really wide/big balloon on my whisks. Hard to find them.

I don't have a balloon whisk. Just two regular whisks of different sizes. I don't really have a need for a balloon. I don't often make whipped cream or meringues. These whisks do everything else.

I ordered myself a few things from Amazon. These came yesterday.
I really like OXO products.

OXO Good Grips Contoured Mess-Free Salt Grinder
[/IMG]

I have 3 of the OXO Grinders. One for salt and two for pepper (black in one, mixed colors in the other). Like you, I love them.

I don't have a balloon whisk. Just two regular whisks of different sizes. I don't really have a need for a balloon. I don't often make whipped cream or meringues. These whisks do everything else.

If you ever make breads or pizza crust, I find that a Danish Whisk is so helpful! Much easier that getting the stand mixer out and then cleaning it too. I love mine. IMG_5540.jpg

I just got these from Amazon:

Scanpan 8-Inch Fry Pan, Non Induction, Black

(and will be ordering the 9.5" pan soon)

8-inch-scanpan.jpg

Ruvanti Fall Cloth Napkins 6 Pack 100% Cotton 18 X 18 Inch Dinner Napkins, Soft & Comfortable Cotton Napkins

fall-napkins.jpg

DII 100% Cotton Tablecloth Fall & Thanksgiving

fall-tablecloth.jpg

If you ever make breads or pizza crust, I find that a Danish Whisk is so helpful! Much easier that getting the stand mixer out and then cleaning it too. I love mine. View attachment 48730

+2! I also use mine getting the mixer bowl ready when making bread, as well as when making smaller making dishes that do not need the mixer.

Seems to me that it would be kinda difficult to mix bread or pizza dough with one of those. Maybe my doughs are thicker than what you're used to or your wrists are stronger.

Seems to me that it would be kinda difficult to mix bread or pizza dough with one of those. Maybe my doughs are thicker than what you're used to or your wrists are stronger.

That's what I thought when I first heard about it. But, it was cheap enough, so I thought I would try it. It works! At least enough to get it together so I can knead the dough.

Anyway, SO would have a challenge to break it? ;)

That's what I thought when I first heard about it. But, it was cheap enough, so I thought I would try it. It works! At least enough to get it together so I can knead the dough.

Anyway, SO would have a challenge to break it? ;)

When I make bagels, for example, I knead the dough for 10 minutes in my KA. That's equivalent to 20 minutes by hand. I don't care to sign up for that.

Most of the bread doughs I start the day before, or earlier, with the dough whisk, in smaller amounts, with more liquid % - then the mixer finishes the work! No way I do it start to finish by hand, except maybe when I make some flat breads, that only has a couple of cups of flour, and doesn't get kneaded much.

Last edited:
I have one of those dough whisks. I use it to start/mix no knead bread.

All my other dough gets done in the bread maker on dough cycle, then shaped and finished in the oven.

Back
Top Bottom