Mango jam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
is there such a thing as mango jam?
i bought apricot one because i could not find mango jam..

i want to make it with frozen mango like described here.
will frozen mango and apricot jam be pretty good together?

when i make it with strwberries ti's amazing

tnx

It sounds good, but I don't usually want to add more sugar to smoothies - the fruits normally have plenty. Tonight, I made a mango, banana, and pineapple smoothie, with some coconut flavor and about 1/2 c yogurt, and even the acid in the yogurt didn't need more sugar. I always add some chia seeds, as well - just let them sit 5 min or so, to gel, then blend again.

I have seen mango chutney for sale, but never mango jam. You could make a good argument that mango chutney is jam, just with extra seasoning. But, if you want to add plain mango jam, I think you will have to make it yourself.

yesterday night i've made it with frozen mango from the store, apricot jam, unflavored whey powder, some cream and water.

i suspect it that the mango was unripe when they froze it, the smoothie wasn't sweet and had some sort of an aftertaste similar to the taste of fish. i guess the mango is culprit.

next time i will return to frozen strawberries and a strawberry jam..

i will have to tell that in the post i've wrote in my website about this recipe..

I'm not a fan of smoothies to begin with - and if I ever had one with a fishy taste - well, that would be the end for me!

did you use up all the mango? Could you defrost a piece and see if - a) there is any sweetness to it
and - b) if there is an aftertaste

I've made ice-cream many, many-a-time with frozen mango - delicious, no after taste at all.

i prefer mango in smoothies only. i dont like eating or tasting mango in it self. i will ask someone to taste for me maybe

Why are you putting in something you don't like?
I understand there are health benefits that you are probably what you are looking for, but could not the same benefits be found in another fruit or vegetable?

i want to make it with frozen mango like described here.
will frozen mango and apricot jam be pretty good together?
In terms of making a jam with mango and apricot... Mango is a bit lower in pectin so you'll want to go a little more on the apricot or use some citrus to substitute the low pectin so it actually creates a jammy consistency.

Be sure if you're using frozen mango to make jam to thaw it, taste for ripeness, and be very careful not to burn the sugar before finishing the jam. Good rule of thumb is if you're able to squeeze moisture out of it then it's thaw enough.

But yeah! This is totally possible and probably delicious for things like shakes, an ice cream topping, and over toast. Thanks for the idea, I'm gonna try this out.

In terms of making a jam with mango and apricot... Mango is a bit lower in pectin so you'll want to go a little more on the apricot or use some citrus to substitute the low pectin so it actually creates a jammy consistency.

Be sure if you're using frozen mango to make jam to thaw it, taste for ripeness, and be very careful not to burn the sugar before finishing the jam. Good rule of thumb is if you're able to squeeze moisture out of it then it's thaw enough.

But yeah! This is totally possible and probably delicious for things like shakes, an ice cream topping, and over toast. Thanks for the idea, I'm gonna try this out.
I realize now that I may have entirely misinterpreted OP :LOL:

ahhh, well, that's too bad, Seeing -to-Believe. Perhaps you'll find a brand that is palatable or even better would be the Mango Jam.
You're adventurous - ever thought of trying to make your own?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom