Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to help my Django to the Rainbow Bridge today. He was so very sick and nothing could help him. Keep me and the rest of the kitties (Latte, Hermione and Hazel) in your thoughts. Shrek will be there to greet him.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

So sorry, PF. Poor Django, it's so hard to say goodbye.

Thanks, Dawg! I've been crying for two days, knowing what had to be done for him. Last ditch effort this morning, but he would not have been better, just out of crisis. Vet said if he was hers, she would have made the same decision.

I hate days when I have to be an adult.

(((Great big, squishy hugs PF))) It's so hard when we lose our fur babies. You and Django and the other kitties are in my thoughts.

PF, I am so sorry to hear about Django. I know how much you loved him as you love all your kitties. Sending prayers, hugs, and condolences.

September 27th was a year since we had to help Violet cross over to the Rainbow bridge. It was a very sad day for me but Monkey and Miley seemed to sense something was up and decided to be extra goofy that day. It did help!

Thanks, Everyone!

Poor Latte is looking for him and seems quite despondent. I keep looking in his chair and expect him to be there.

Thanks, Everyone!

Poor Latte is looking for him and seems quite despondent. I keep looking in his chair and expect him to be there.

Monkey was the same when we took Violet. When we came home without her she snuck out into the hallway looking for her. She even slept in Violet's bed (the one she never dared to go in) every night for a couple of months.

Here's hoping you and Latte can find some peace with each other.

:( I'm so sorry about Django, Princess. I went through the same thing with my 18 yr. old Mr. Blackee kitty a couple of months ago. The final drive to the vet was only 3 miles, but it seemed like 300. I kept thinking about the Rainbow Bridge all the way, but it doesn't make it much easier at the time. I hope your other kitties adjust and adapt soon...and you, too. :cat:

j0fhg5.jpg

Our loved furry pets know when we are distressed. Even if it is about them and what is to come. They seem to know what is on the other side over that Rainbow Bridge. They can hear their friends calling them. But even to their last breath, they still want to offer us that last moment of comfort.

So as much pain as we feel for what we are losing, our best friend has us as their last thought. Django is now happy, and without pain. But know this, you were the last thought he had before he crossed over that Rainbow Bridge. And he is without pain.

Our loved furry pets know when we are distressed. Even if it is about them and what is to come. They seem to know what is on the other side over that Rainbow Bridge. They can hear their friends calling them. But even to their last breath, they still want to offer us that last moment of comfort.

So as much pain as we feel for what we are losing, our best friend has us as their last thought. Django is now happy, and without pain. But know this, you were the last thought he had before he crossed over that Rainbow Bridge. And he is without pain.

Addie, I firmly believe what you said. I was with Violet right until the end and while her eyes were filled with pain, I know that I could see a look of "thank you, I will be all right". She was always there for me in my down times and it was just really an honour to be able to do the same for her.

I had to post this sketch from SNL. I vividly remember looking over my shoulder and seeing our two dogs watching my wife and I...um, being friendly. From that minute on, they were closed out of the bedroom at certain times.

This SNL sketch from yesterday reminded me of that... and cracked me up. :LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9no3ZzfFo

CD

Last edited:
I had to help my Django to the Rainbow Bridge today. He was so very sick and nothing could help him. Keep me and the rest of the kitties (Latte, Hermione and Hazel) in your thoughts. Shrek will be there to greet him.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Our beloved Pjay, a beagle beyond compare passed over the rainbow bridge 2 years ago. He had kidney failure, and the day we took him to the vet to help him cross, he couldn’t stand up, control his bowels, or do anything else. But his tail was wagging, and the look in his eyes said “please, please help me. I love you.” I still can’t think about it without crying. He was a wonderfu soul, only 9 years old. We have two new ones; a beagle and a Cairn terrier. We love them, but they just can’t take the place of Pjay. It sounds stupid, but I miss him more than I miss my parents.

Our beloved Pjay, a beagle beyond compare passed over the rainbow bridge 2 years ago. He had kidney failure, and the day we took him to the vet to help him cross, he couldn’t stand up, control his bowels, or do anything else. But his tail was wagging, and the look in his eyes said “please, please help me. I love you.” I still can’t think about it without crying. He was a wonderfu soul, only 9 years old. We have two new ones; a beagle and a Cairn terrier. We love them, but they just can’t take the place of Pjay. It sounds stupid, but I miss him more than I miss my parents.
Sad, indeed..I cried like a baby when we put down our hound many years ago..she was very protective and lovable..

I've been through that 7 times now with our pets. :(
We currently have 4 cats; one with feline AIDS so he is on borrowed time. I'm not looking forward to going through it again.

My birds are 31 and 25 and going strong, so no worries there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom