Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is Petty, but I'm really PO'd!
:mad:
The only Social Media that I participate in is here at DC
and my personal blog.
I used to be on all of them, but meh, too much nonsense going on.

DH and I have not been getting on with his side of the family
lately, and one in particular is our Niece-In-Law... we haven't
spoken in two years, and that's fine by us.

Anyways, my Mother does have a Facebook account, and is
"friends" with her.
From time to time I check in on Mom's account, just to be
sure that everything is copasetic.
I noticed that our NIL has been "blocking" Mom from
a good part of her posts! :huh::ohmy::glare:

I think that's pretty crappy, if you ask me, no one did but there it is!
:angry:

This is Petty, but I'm really PO'd!
:mad:
The only Social Media that I participate in is here at DC
and my personal blog.
I used to be on all of them, but meh, too much nonsense going on.

DH and I have not been getting on with his side of the family
lately, and one in particular is our Niece-In-Law... we haven't
spoken in two years, and that's fine by us.

Anyways, my Mother does have a Facebook account, and is
"friends" with her.
From time to time I check in on Mom's account, just to be
sure that everything is copasetic.
I noticed that our NIL has been "blocking" Mom from
a good part of her posts! :huh::ohmy::glare:

I think that's pretty crappy, if you ask me, no one did but there it is!

I agree with you K-Girl, that is pretty crappy. And, I'm with you on the FB thing too. I've never had an account and don't plan to either. And, I was really uncomfortable with a camping group when belonged to that would publicly post camping events, dates, times and who was attending! Yikes!

Family is family, but not all families get on with each other all the time.
If it were your son or daughter, I´d say you´d have a very good reason to be upset and try to fix the problem.
But a niece? A niece-in-law? Nah - don´t even fret about it, it´s not worth it.If you´ve made the effort to be nice and she´s rejected it, so be it - that´s her problem, not yours.
Facebook is a "virtual" contact, not a real one, which means that anyone can block anyone at any time, for any reason. Big deal; it´s not even a face-to-face situation, which means people can appear to be brave, or cowardly, without actually having to face the REAL facts of life.
I´ve always gone by the maxim that If you can´t control it, don´t let it bother you, so just forget about the niece because there´s nothing you can do about it. The stress isn´t worthwhile!

I agree with you K-Girl, that is pretty crappy. And, I'm with you on the FB thing too. I've never had an account and don't plan to either. And, I was really uncomfortable with a camping group when belonged to that would publicly post camping events, dates, times and who was attending! Yikes!

Ooh, double yikes Ginny!
I don't want anyone getting all loosey goosey with their "fingers" on any Social Media platform, yappin' about who, what, when or why, that includes me or my family. That's my business.

Family is family, but not all families get on with each other all the time.
If it were your son or daughter, I´d say you´d have a very good reason to be upset and try to fix the problem.
But a niece? A niece-in-law? Nah - don´t even fret about it, it´s not worth it.If you´ve made the effort to be nice and she´s rejected it, so be it - that´s her problem, not yours.
Facebook is a "virtual" contact, not a real one, which means that anyone can block anyone at any time, for any reason. Big deal; it´s not even a face-to-face situation, which means people can appear to be brave, or cowardly, without actually having to face the REAL facts of life.
I´ve always gone by the maxim that If you can´t control it, don´t let it bother you, so just forget about the niece because there´s nothing you can do about it. The stress isn´t worthwhile!

Very true point about Social Media Platforms kara, the sad thing is is that my Mother doesn't "get it". She thinks that my Husband's Nephew's wife is sending Mom direct, personal contacts via FB. :wacko:
I've tried to explain this to her, but she doesn't really know the difference between an email, a PM or IM or DM or even just a plain ole post on any platform!
You should see her with her new Tracfone! :-p

DH had deleted all of her contacts from our phones, etc.
She is now persona non grata, period and there's no coming back from that with him, especially.
Now that I've seen what she's been doing to my Mother, who is no relation to her at all, that's the icing on the cake for me too!
I feel that's just not the right thing to do to her, at all!
I'm done with the whole lot!

And you're right kara, I don't let something that I have no control over bother me, I just let it roll off my back and say, oh well, their lose, not mine.
*shrug*

Just a vent, I'm good now :cool:

K-girl, how do you know she is blocking your mother from seeing some of her posts? Are you still FB friends with the NIL? Maybe she doesn't want to upset your mum.

I block some of my posts from many of my cousins view. I don't want to read the stupid comments I might get. Now, I'm not expecting stupid comments from all of the ones I don't let see the post, but I know they are in touch with those who would make the stupid comments and I just don't want the drama of them finding out that I didn't let them see my post.

K-girl, how do you know she is blocking your mother from seeing some of her posts? Are you still FB friends with the NIL? Maybe she doesn't want to upset your mum.

I block some of my posts from many of my cousins view. I don't want to read the stupid comments I might get. Now, I'm not expecting stupid comments from all of the ones I don't let see the post, but I know they are in touch with those who would make the stupid comments and I just don't want the drama of them finding out that I didn't let them see my post.

taxy, the way that I know this is happening is when I'm on Mom's FB account (I no longer have an account) and I go to our NIL's page, there are certain posts that say this:
"This content isn't available right now
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted."
These are on NIL's post after our falling out with her.
NIL is excluding my Mom from her posts! Little sh--! The posts are mostly about our Grand-Nephews, who we and my Mother had relationships with.
Like I said, I'm done with the lot!

taxy, the way that I know this is happening is when I'm on Mom's FB account (I no longer have an account) and I go to our NIL's page, there are certain posts that say this:
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted."

These are on NIL's post after our falling out with her.
NIL is excluding my Mom from her posts! Little sh--! The posts are mostly about our Grand-Nephews, who we and my Mother had relationships with.
Like I said, I'm done with the lot!

No, that doesn't mean that NIL has excluded your mum. If she had blocked your mum from seeing the post, she wouldn't see anything. It means that the original post, the one that your NIL shared, has vanished or that your mum isn't in the audience that the original poster chose. As an example, a friend of mine shares a lot of posts by the police about missing people. Often, when the person is found, the police delete that post and then all you see is that message from FB. Even my friend only sees the message from FB.

Let's say you and I were friends on FB, but I wasn't friends with your mother. If I post something "friends only", then you can see it. If you share that, then your mother looked at your page, she would see that you posted something and that FB message, because she wasn't in my post's audience. It wouldn't be you blocking the message from your mum's view.

I found this out because every once in a while someone posts something in a group and some of us can see the post and some of us can only see that FB message. It always turns out that the person shared something from a friend. Sometimes they get the friend to change the audience to public, and then we can all see it.

Yes, @ what taxlady said.

That, simply means that the person posting it, did not have 'permission' to share it on her/his own page.

Nothing shady happened there.

Ross

I've tried every soap scum removal product on the market with no satisfactory results. ZEP, all of them closely following instructions. Nothin'.

So, I tried the Dawn Soap and vinegar in a spray bottle trick. Soak over night then attack with with a magic eraser.
It works great. Easy.

The Dawn soap in the refill for sprayers blends much better with the vinegar. No need for baking soda.

Kids shower/bath gets a lot of use and I think bar soap leaves the most residue. Builds up fast.
I'm switching them over to body wash. Maybe that rinses cleaner and leaves less residue..

I've tried every soap scum removal product on the market with no satisfactory results. ZEP, all of them closely following instructions. Nothin'.

So, I tried the Dawn Soap and vinegar in a spray bottle trick. Soak over night then attack with with a magic eraser.
It works great. Easy.

The Dawn soap in the refill for sprayers blends much better with the vinegar. No need for baking soda.

Kids shower/bath gets a lot of use and I think bar soap leaves the most residue. Builds up fast.
I'm switching them over to body wash. Maybe that rinses cleaner and leaves less residue..

Sounds like you've found a way to deal with the soap buildup! I don't have this problem. That said, we use a Soap Saver under the bar soap: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/spectrum-dino-soap-saver/1010318440?skuId=10318440&enginename=bing&mcid=PS_bing_nonbrand_bath_Online&product_id=10318440&adtype=&product_channel=Online&adpos=&creative=&device=c&matchtype=e&network=s&gclid=080ab8c672381be3a8d5d94cdb923bf6&gclsrc=3p.ds&&utm_source=bingpla&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ProductType2%3Dbath%2520organizationProductType3%3Dshower%2520%26%2520bath%2520caddies&enginename=bing&msclkid=080ab8c672381be3a8d5d94cdb923bf6&creative=78271540439813&device=c&matchtype=e&gclid=080ab8c672381be3a8d5d94cdb923bf6&gclsrc=3p.ds It keeps the soap from just sitting and soaking in water...and melting!

Also, not sure what kind of bar soap you are using...or the kids are using? We like to use a more natural product, like Goat's Milk or Almond Milk. The theory is it is better for our septic system? Anyway, I find it at Natural Grocery or Whole Foods. But, since they closed our Whole Foods, I just order it online.

Good luck on your battle! ;)

We use something similar to this. One in the shower, one at the sink, and there used to be one downstairs in the washroom, but we forgot to get a new one when the washroom was renovated. When I have some spare time, I'll get a new one. They are magnetic.

b6db6d72cfbb85915ca18ae5881e9507--soap-holder-bar-soap.jpg

It works great. Easy.

Vinegar and baking soda would react with, and neutralize, each other [emoji848]

What the what?

For whatever the reason, I started doing a "Goggle Search" for
all of the photographs that I have attached to my personal blog posts.

Two of them came up on Restaurant Menus,
3 different restaurants specifically.
One of the restaurants is in my Mother's hometown!

Also, another photo is on a Sausage company's website as part of a
recipe that I know they did a copy & paste of not only the photo but
I recipe as well!

BUT WAIT!

Then I found a food photo of mine on another bloggers site, with her
recipe for that dish. Why use my photo though? If this is your
dish, can't you post a picture of your finished product? Oh and did I say
that this blogger is a published author? :wacko:

I've emailed to each of these sites, requesting that they either
take my photographs down or at least give me credit for them!
So far, I've only gotten responses from two of all of the above.

On a good note though, there was an article in a Hawaii Magazine
that used one of my food photos and did give my personal blog
the credit, that I was pretty proud of, but heh, maybe you
could also have told me that was what you were doing?

My gripe - I just spent about 4 hours making various types of calzones for dinner tonight, with my own pizza sauce, and filled with chopped black olives, sautéed freshly sliced cremini mushrooms, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and fresh mozzarella. My upper bac is now mildly aching, along with my neck. I kept getting interrupted by nature's call, which led to Imodium. Granddaughter, and grandsons got home from school. I asked if anyone was interested in assisting. No takers. Then, the 12 year old granddaughter pipes up - :Be sure to clean up after you're done, Grandpa. I know, they're just kids. but... I feel like saving them cold, clumpy, gooey oatmeal for dinner Instead of carefully crafted calzones.:ohmy:

i put away the perishables. That's all the cleaning I'm doing. There's only the saucepan with a couple tbs. of sauce left, and the cutting board i worked the dough on.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
My gripe - I just spent about 4 hours making various types of calzones for dinner tonight, with my own pizza sauce, and filled with chopped black olives, sautéed freshly sliced cremini mushrooms, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and fresh mozzarella. My upper bac is now mildly aching, along with my neck. I kept getting interrupted by nature's call, which led to Imodium. Granddaughter, and grandsons got home from school. I asked if anyone was interested in assisting. No takers. Then, the 12 year old granddaughter pipes up - :Be sure to clean up after you're done, Grandpa. I know, they're just kids. but... I feel like saving them cold, clumpy, gooey oatmeal for dinner Instead of carefully crafted calzones.:ohmy:

i put away the perishables. That's all the cleaning I'm doing. There's only the saucepan with a couple tbs. of sauce left, and the cutting board i worked the dough on.

Chief, do you have to feed these little ingrates?
I mean, is this part of your household responsibilities?
Do you have an agreement with your son and DIL?
If not, I'd be cooking/making meals just for myself,
foods that I'd like to eat.

I for one would have let them fend for themselves long ago.
I'm sure that they are not too young to scratch together
their own snack after school or even a microwave single-serve
of Mac N' Cheese for supper that most youngster adore.

At the very least Chief, I would have a conversation with
your Son and DIL. Maybe have the weekly grocery list
include something they could make for themselves without your assistance.
This could turn out to be a great life's learning opportunity for the
grands.

Me, if I had to feed the kids, I'd keep it super simple
and easy on me.

I don't know, but just my 2¢
but I'm too old for that kind of c--- :glare:

Chief, do you have to feed these little ingrates?
I mean, is this part of your household responsibilities?
Do you have an agreement with your son and DIL?
If not, I'd be cooking/making meals just for myself,
foods that I'd like to eat.

I for one would have let them fend for themselves long ago.
I'm sure that they are not too young to scratch together
their own snack after school or even a microwave single-serve
of Mac N' Cheese for supper that most youngster adore.

At the very least Chief, I would have a conversation with
your Son and DIL. Maybe have the weekly grocery list
include something they could make for themselves without your assistance.
This could turn out to be a great life's learning opportunity for the
grands.

Me, if I had to feed the kids, I'd keep it super simple
and easy on me.

I don't know, but just my 2¢
but I'm too old for that kind of c--- :glare:

I spoke wit my DIL. Both she and my son have told the kids that I am to be treated with dignity, and respect. I just had a 20+ minute talk with the grandkids. I let them know that there will be np phones, no games, no TV, and no snacks until al chores are done, including homework, when they get home, by rule of me, and their parents. They seemed to understand. We'll see hoe long it lasts. I enjoy cooking special things for them. I can't wrestle with them, or run with them, or teach them Judo, or many physical thigs. Cooking them something good I can do.

Besides, I remember how bad I was at doing chores at ten years old. I think it's hereditary:LOL:. I grew up to be highly responsible. They will too.

Woke up today with working internet WiFi at the resort. Checked email and stuff just fine. When I was getting ready to switch to the Cleveland sports radio station *boop*, no internet. They were experiencing issues in the office too, so we figured it had something to do with the road work out front. Later, 30+ miles away at Target...no internet. The customer service clerk said that they had been having problems all day. So we tapped into mobile data on our phones. Good thing I just downloaded the next mystery book in the current series that I am reading.

See you guys whenever.

Back
Top Bottom