Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You all have such nice pictures. I'm embarrassed now to post any of mine :(

Practice makes perfect.
My first pictures looked like I took them from a helicopter, bad lighting and bad contrast. I Learned to zoom in, no flash etc by trail and error. I’ll try to find an old picture and post it. I edit (crop, light correction, contrast etc.) in Paintshop Pro. But you can crop and do some editing in the Paint program that comes with Windows. You will get better don’t give up.

Linda, don't be shy about posting your food pics. It is really more about the food than the photos.

CD

Thanks, guys, I appreciate that.

This is a pic of Frickles (fried pickles, trying them for the first time ever). They look a little funky, but they were really good. It's a recipe I found on the internet. Dill pickle spears wrapped with ham and the egg roll wraps are spread with cream cheese.

Attachments

• Frickles.jpg
    Frickles.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 104
Thanks, guys, I appreciate that.

This is a pic of Frickles (fried pickles, trying them for the first time ever). They look a little funky, but they were really good. It's a recipe I found on the internet. Dill pickle spears wrapped with ham and the egg roll wraps are spread with cream cheese.
Looks good. Can you post the link to the recipe please?

Looks good. Can you post the link to the recipe please?

Sure thing ;)

Ingredients:

1 pkg egg roll wrappers
1 jar(s) pickle spears
1 pkg thin sliced ham, beef or turkey
1 pkg cream cheese

Heat some oil in a shallow pan.

Layer an eggroll wrap diagonally with slice of meat, cream cheese and a pickle spear. Roll as you would an egg roll (from the diagonal, tucking in the sides as you roll.) Lay in pan, seam down then turning till cooked golden brown.

Dip in salsa or ranch or whatever dip you enjoy.

My note: I spread the cream cheese onto the egg roll wrap before adding the slice of ham, then the pickle and to minimize oil splashage from the pickle juice while frying, I 'dried' the juice from each pickle with paper towels before assembling the rolls.

Sure thing ;)

Ingredients:

1 pkg egg roll wrappers
1 jar(s) pickle spears
1 pkg thin sliced ham, beef or turkey
1 pkg cream cheese

Heat some oil in a shallow pan.

Layer an eggroll wrap diagonally with slice of meat, cream cheese and a pickle spear. Roll as you would an egg roll (from the diagonal, tucking in the sides as you roll.) Lay in pan, seam down then turning till cooked golden brown.

Dip in salsa or ranch or whatever dip you enjoy.

My note: I spread the cream cheese onto the egg roll wrap before adding the slice of ham, then the pickle and to minimize oil splashage from the pickle juice while frying, I 'dried' the juice from each pickle with paper towels before assembling the rolls.

Thanks for the recipe. I had fried pickles for the first time this past summer at a restaurant on Sanibel Island , Florida. Deeelicious, but they were just plainly breaded. And they definitely needed the dipping aioli. I like the idea of an egg roll skin, and ham and cheese.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recipe. I had fried pickles for the first time this past summer at a restaurant on Sanibel Island , Florida. Deeelicious, but they were just plainly breaded. And they definitely needed the dipping aioli. I like the idea of an egg roll skin, and ham and cheese.

I make fried pickles all the time. Although, not as fancy as the ones Linda makes.

And Linda, good advice on drying the pickles. It not only reduces "spashage (cool term)" but keeps the flour/breading from falling off after frying.

CD

Southern comfort food, Shrimp and Grits.
36788-albums309-picture6930.jpg

Smoked Turkey Jambalaya.
36788-albums309-picture6745.jpg

Crawfish and Crab Boil.
36788-albums309-picture5576.jpg

So many beautiful pictures of food (I love shrimp & grits and there's nothing better than home-cured bacon) and responses to the frickles. I'm kind of in a hurry this morning, so I'll just say thanks for all the comments and I too liked using the egg roll wraps.

"Splashage" was just something I rolled off the top of my head because I had a brain freeze and couldn't think of the word I wanted... which was splattering.

:LOL:

I killed too many brain cells in my youth.

Some real BBQ.

Cupcake/muffin tin thighs.
36788-albums1069-picture6921.jpg

Cajun Hog Log aka a Fatty.
36788-albums1069-picture7103.jpg

Smoked Turkey.
36788-albums1069-picture7167.jpg

Pork Butt for Pulled Pork.
36788-albums1032-picture6731.jpg

I'm impressed. Why did you decide to build one instead of buying one?

Those Ugly Drum Smokers are very popular among BBQ enthusiasts. They are big, and work well. There is also a bit of pride involved in building your own smoker from a 55-gallon drum.

CD

Back
Top Bottom