Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to have to look for it. It's also hard to find good liverwurst. The best liverwurst I ever purchased was from an online company that specialized in German foods.

I'm going to have to look for it. It's also hard to find good liverwurst. The best liverwurst I ever purchased was from an online company that specialized in German foods.
This s the brand liverwurst I buy. I love it! It has a nice smoky flavor.

mother_goose.png

Have you checked with any of the stores in German Village? We were in Schmidt's Sausage House a couple years ago and I sorta-kinda remember them having deli meats. I do know that we bought several of their sausage varieties to enjoy when we got to our daughter's.

Have you checked with any of the stores in German Village? We were in Schmidt's Sausage House a couple years ago and I sorta-kinda remember them having deli meats. I do know that we bought several of their sausage varieties to enjoy when we got to our daughter's.

Nope, haven't done that. German Village has seen a lot of crime lately and has gone downhill, unfortunately. Used to be such a quaint little area, but it's been ruined by crime and break-ins and a target for those against the gay community, which make up a good percentage of German Village.

I used to love walking the streets of German Village with the brick roads and cute houses, etc. But people avoid that area now.

That's a shame, Linda. We went to Schmidt's in August, 2017, when we were driving from viewing the solar eclipse in TN to our daughter's near Canton, OH. We only ate at Schmidt's, wandered the little gift shop down the same alleyway, and left. I didn't notice anything unfriendly about the area while we were driving through it, though.

What lovely looking foodie pics! :yum: The liverwurst sandwich especially caught my eye...I love it and have had several liverwurst sandwiches over the past few days.

I'll have to look for that brand MsM posted - I usually just buy the Jones brand, because that's what I'm used to grabbing. That and a light spread of Inglehoffer stone ground mustard on rye and I'm in heaven.

https://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/products/specialty/liver-sausage/sandwich

Last edited:
That's a shame, Linda. We went to Schmidt's in August, 2017, when we were driving from viewing the solar eclipse in TN to our daughter's near Canton, OH. We only ate at Schmidt's, wandered the little gift shop down the same alleyway, and left. I didn't notice anything unfriendly about the area while we were driving through it, though.

On the surface, it's still a decent place. But that area has been declining over the past few years.

Made my 1st chili tonight. Came out pretty damn good. :)

Paired it with my cornbread I made yesterday. Good combo!

79bee54b489eb8da80cb4c71366399ac.jpg
ea683ca1aaf0788d0bc0d75b52a84e7e.jpg
7799c72db18f496ef56116ed3a386e20.jpg
0fe3728e95d1ae2cc33b301e49fbb9ce.jpg

Oaxacan Mole Negro

Just made the sauce and will add the chicken when we have this for dinner.
Not the cleanest picture, but it was still hot.

36788-albums322-picture8043.jpg

Back
Top Bottom