Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Gorilla Pod too. Fun to wrap the legs around a tree branch or fence post. But my most used one for most purposes is my regular tripod. It has a center post that swivels and allows the camera to be mounted in almost any orientation desired, even as low as an inch from the ground (and my camera has a swiveling screen so I can still see to aim and focus without having to be a contortionist). Mine is this Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB with a similar ball head.

I have a very similar tripod. It is a Manfrotto, and since I sometimes have to pack it for travel, it is made of carbon fiber and magnesium.

I have a ball head and a heavy duty tilt-pan head.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1121190-REG/manfrotto_mt055cxpro4_carbon_fiber_4_section.html

CD

I have a very similar tripod. It is a Manfrotto, and since I sometimes have to pack it for travel, it is made of carbon fiber and magnesium.

I have a ball head and a heavy duty tilt-pan head.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1121190-REG/manfrotto_mt055cxpro4_carbon_fiber_4_section.html

CD

Vanguard makes one identical to mine but with carbon fiber legs. I don't have that one because it cost $100 more than aluminum. The weight isn't a big factor for me because I don't hike or travel with it, except when I drive. Generally when I travel, if I take any support at all, it's my monopod or Gorilla Pod. When I went to Africa a few years ago, I only took the monopod with a ball head on it.

Ah, spring! Yesterday 3 inches of snow. Today sunny and bright... this was a couple of days before the snowstorm:

i-SPn3sKb-L.jpg

Vanguard makes one identical to mine but with carbon fiber legs. I don't have that one because it cost $100 more than aluminum. The weight isn't a big factor for me because I don't hike or travel with it, except when I drive. Generally when I travel, if I take any support at all, it's my monopod or Gorilla Pod. When I went to Africa a few years ago, I only took the monopod with a ball head on it.

I don't like to use a tripod, because it limits my creativity (IMHO). But, sometimes I have to. And, when shooting in studio with hot lights, I have to.

I really like the concept of the gorillapod, but I don't think it can handle a D4 with a long lens. I know I would be very nervous about putting a $6,000 camera and $2,000 lens on one of them. All my gear is well insured, but I still treat it like its my children. :rolleyes::LOL:

I also have a Manfrotto monopod. I rarely use it. But, every once in a while, it comes in very handy. Plus, it weighs next to nothing when I am traveling.

CD

My treasured "toy." One owner 1985 Toronado Brougham, garaged in Florida and only 60K miles. It's my baby and we call it "Beauty," because it is.

I remember those. They were a very "handsome" car. Not Ferrari beautiful, just a handsome gentleman kind of car. Riding in one was kind of like riding in your living room sofa. Soft and smooth. Enjoy it!

CD

I spent most of yesterday afternoon sitting on the porch picking cilantro from these overgrown plants from the garden and putting it in ice-cube trays to freeze. It was a lovely day under the ceiling fan with my dog and kitties.
2019-05-26-10-30-26.jpeg

I spent most of yesterday afternoon sitting on the porch picking cilantro from these overgrown plants from the garden and putting it in ice-cube trays to freeze. It was a lovely day under the ceiling fan with my dog and kitties.
View attachment 34954

You're picking stuff that's overgrown, yet here we are just in the process of planting. Nothing like cilantro will survive winter here... it won't even make it through summer without some care. We just had 3 inches of snow last week.

We did have a nice morning for the Memorial Day observances today:

i-qFf52KK-XL.jpg

You're picking stuff that's overgrown, yet here we are just in the process of planting. Nothing like cilantro will survive winter here... it won't even make it through summer without some care. We just had 3 inches of snow last week.

Latitudes and attitudes [emoji38] I only planted them a couple months ago. They bolt quickly as soon as it gets hot and we've had temperatures in the 80s and 90s for the past couple of weeks.

Spike was married to Sandy for 27 years. Second marriage for both of them.

For each birthday of any family that had passed, Sandy insisted that Spike go with her to put flowers on every grave of past family members. So then it comes time to place flowers on my youngest daughter, Maureen. The only problem was that she wanted to be cremated and her ashes were at the very top in the building for cremated individuals. The only spot left in that building. Since then a new building has been built for those who have been cremated.

"How in heck do you think anyone can put flowers there for her? Toss one at her spot at the top and hope she can catch it?" That sent a roar of laughter through all of us. If she had only waited to leave us, she could have gone in the new building and had the one flower placed for her. But we still laugh about her catching her flower. Spike leaves a flower for her on the shelf anyway.

Those flowers look great. My favorite are dahlias followed by hostas. Here's a picture of one of my dahlias from last year called "Dixie Winedot".
uJMksgE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom