Saturday Oct 28, '23 Dinner is on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
Krock's in the Kitchen "Meat Loaf", with Veggie Hash. (mushroom onion gravy over it all)
krocksmeatloaf-002.jpg

Lemon frozen dessert bars with peach puree over top.

Today seemed like the last somewhat comfortable day, this year, for grilling outside. I loaded up the hibachi with charcoal briquettes, 'cause I couldn't get lump charcoal delivered. I made "corn ribs", which was pretty good, but I guess I didn't leave them on the grill long enough. I thought they were starting to burn. DH says that they should look burnt, but they are actually just deeply caramelized. The very dark bits did not taste even a little burnt, so maybe he's right. I stuck some of them in the toaster oven on broil, but only had the patience to let them get a little darker. That did help.

I also grilled some burgers on the hibachi, which turned out pretty darned good. All served with lettuce, pickle slices, onion slices, mayo, mustard, and sesame seed kaiser uns. I also made some pickled habanero, following instructions from Jamie Oliver. There were only hints of heat. Well, there were instructions that I guess were intended to make them child friendly. I'll try again and skip those "mellowing" steps.

I made a Wegman’s run this morning and a package of twenty Danny’s favorite Born in Buffalo wings hopped into the trolley!

Dinner was wings ‘n’ things with an ice cold Diet Pepsi.

These wings are a bit spendy but I freeze them in packs of five and try to limit how often I enjoy them. 🐷🐷🐷

I finally found the missing ingredient I needed to start cooking authentic Chinese food at home, I had a lot of trouble getting Shaoxing wine where I live but I finally aquired it and proceeded to make this recipe:
https://thewoksoflife.com/vegetable-chow-fun/ I used veg I had available and added chicken. My husband said it tasted better than Chinese take away lol
396296576_6435008223292353_5822859660286230977_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom