Sausage type question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get it. I am from Maine and this kielbasa was from Massachusetts. I reckon a lot of it has to do with little hamlets created by immigrants when the came to the US?

Yeah, immigrants made good use of what was readily available and cheap to make versions of what they made and ate in their homelands.

CD

Yeah, immigrants made good use of what was readily available and cheap to make versions of what they made and ate in their homelands.

CD
I never had steak until i came here as an immigrant in 1969, we couldn't afford it,
150 yrs ago that would have been far more common.
The corned beef and cabbage associated with the irish is laughable, they couldn't afford tinned corned beef. Even today its not a dish even on St Pats, cabbage and boiled ribs ok, but fish and chips far more likely.

Well, here is an interesting article about Corned Beef and yes, seems originally it is Irish, albeit different but still Corned Beef. Very interesting read.
Irish Corned Beef
yeh , decent article but they omitted the thousands of irish catholic families who starved to death as industrialists in ireland exported the harvests.
The PBS series "Victoria" showed what it was like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom