Strict rules for this site?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I saw somewhere a forum that's purely for political debates. I'll try to find it for you.
Meanwhile here's my experience: Once I posted a joke in a forum, I swear by everything I hold sacred, it was purely for fun. And then all of a sudden a mod would remove the post and warn me that I have committed the "social stereotyping" crime which I didn't even dream of doing. Then I mentioned in the forum that I was sorry if I hurt anyone, and I thought that if the affected person had just let me know I would have removed it.
Then I would get another warning, this time in public, that I hurt the said person by saying so. I just replied to the mod, in a message, and left the forum. She emailed me saying, "you didn't do anything wrong, it was just one person... blah blah and please don't leave"

Then there was another forum, the Supercell Forum which is now gone, where some mods were really childish. They expected members to agree with everything they said. They would kick a member if they asked for some help. I messaged their community manager about this but there was no answer. However, when he was (seemingly tearfully, lol) informing that the forums would be shut down soon, I reminded him why it happened, why members left the forum, and who scared them away. :D
The best path to take is to have designated topics and not wander away from them. The open area should be used with care, and then all will be great. It's a responsibility to act as adults, and always remember that life is too short to argue and fight with strangers. :D

I don't recall any strick rules here. Mostly, try to keep politics and relegion out of it. It is a food forum.
The only Heated discussions I recall are Proper methods of making Chilli, or Boston Baked Beans!
Eric, Austin, Tx.
Everyone knows that Boston Baked Beans are the greatest candy ever invented.

How is that controversial?

For crying out loud Vinyl, that last birthday must have addled what's left of your little brain. Go and crawl back under your cabbage leaf where you belong.

Everyone knows Detroit fried chicken wings dipped in blue cheese sauce is the perfect candy.

(how's that for insulting and controversial? I think I win)

For crying out loud Vinyl, that last birthday must have addled what's left of your little brain. Go and crawl back under your cabbage leaf where you belong.

Everyone knows Detroit fried chicken wings dipped in blue cheese sauce is the perfect candy.

(how's that for insulting and controversial? I think I win)
I also dip fried chicken especially wings of any style (buffalo is my favorite to dip) in blue cheese dressing. I don't care what the snobs think it tastes great!

There you go.

OH BTW what about the great taylor ham debate? :ROFLMAO::LOL: LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom