Sunday dinner, last day of April, 30th, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Pork tenderloin with a cherry balsamic sauce, wild rice mix, and pan roasted Brussel sprouts.
20230430_183353.jpg

I made another double batch of the Indian red lentil curry for myself today, mr bliss doesn't care for curry. I eat it with veggie brown basmati rice. He's having a salad and potato hash. I made two loaves of zucchini plum bread for him to take to the bee place today (bee hives, live bees). We'll eat the leftover bread if there is any. Otherwise I'll probably make some chickpea peanut blondies later tonight.

I did some groceries today - a run which was supposedly just for some pet food, milk, eggs.
Of course, rule of thumb - add a 0 to the number if items you 'run to the store for' and that is what you will end up getting.

I was going for 4 things... :blush: and buying 40.

Supper was 2 huge bowls of popcorn, and then later had leftover snow peas, rice, red peppers and tomatoes for dessert.

I can’t figure out this picture adding. How do I delete a post?

Anyway, I made chicken soup and rice pilaff. Fished out chicken from the soup and some beef from the rice. Grounded and made puff pastry pirozhly, my favorite.
And I open fridge and the pantry, and thru everything I had there into soup. Bell peppers, green peas, beens, rice, zucchini, carrots, potatoes, onions, parsnip. Don't remeber what else, but it tasted darn good.

Attachments

• IMG_3072.jpeg
    IMG_3072.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Made the meatloaf last night and did something a little different. I recently ran across French bread crumbs in Safeway, so I've been using those. I really think they taste a lot better than regular bread crumbs. Anyway, what I did differently was I had some cherry tomatoes that are going to go bad soon. So I put about 12 of them across the top of the meatloaf like decorations and baked them.

I didn't feel like eating last night, so I'm reheating a piece of meatloaf for lunch and we'll see how it tastes.

Also, I sort of have to tell everyone: I got two dozen jumbo eggs at Safeway last week and I've used 8 of them. So far every one has been a double yolk. I may use the last 4 for chocolate cheesecake this afternoon. Before I eat the rest of the chocolate bar up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom