Sunday dinner, March 24, 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Chicken satay with peanut dipping sauce, and noodle salad.
20240324_180139.jpg

I made an old favourite of ours. We have been calling it "Linda's Pot o' Pig". It is a very popular dish in Denmark called "Mørbradgryde", which means tenderloin pot/casserole/dish or sometimes "Paprikagryde" which means paprika pot/casserole/dish. I learned another new name for the dish: "Trippelgris I Fløde" = Triple Pig in Cream. I served it potatoes, since they are good for soaking up sauce.

We also had coleslaw, but I didn't take pix of that.

Mørbrad gryde AKA triple pig with cream and paprika.jpg
Mørbrad gryde med kartofler AKA triple pig with cream and paprika and potatoes.jpg

Last edited:
Meatless meatloaf (krock's recipe) planned overs with green beans, ketchup and balsamic vinegar. Then we made oat-fruit raisin cookies, and black bean brownies w/chips and cherries, and tomato salad dressing for salads tomorrow.

Found a new brand of ice cream when I shopped Walmart last week - Hudsonville Ice Cream out of Michigan. I bought a carton of Traverse City Cherry Fudge. Boy, is it yummy.

View attachment 68608
Have I forgotten to mention that here? I *love* this ice cream! I've been buying it since DH found it at our Walmart last fall. So good 😋

Have I forgotten to mention that here? I *love* this ice cream! I've been buying it since DH found it at our Walmart last fall. So good 😋
If you have, I don't remember. When I buy ice cream in a store, I always look for one with the fewest junk ingredients. Blue Bunny is pretty basic, but it doesn't have the high cream content like Hudsonville, so the mouth feel isn't as rich. This Hudsonville stuff is good enough for me to leave my ice cream machine in the basement!

There were quite a few flavor choices. I think that we'll be busy sampling this year...

If you have, I don't remember. When I buy ice cream in a store, I always look for one with the fewest junk ingredients. Blue Bunny is pretty basic, but it doesn't have the high cream content like Hudsonville, so the mouth feel isn't as rich. This Hudsonville stuff is good enough for me to leave my ice cream machine in the basement!

There were quite a few flavor choices. I think that we'll be busy sampling this year...
I've tried a few, but I keep going back to the Traverse City Cherry Fudge and the Double Chocolate Almond. In fact, I get both and have a scoop of each in my bowl 😋

I just looked up the flavors on the website. They have several more than I've seen here! When we go to Michigan this summer, I'm going to look for that Peach-Raspberry Swirl, OMG!

Amazing how well that works to find the good stuff. It works with other things than just ice cream.

I know, taxy, but most times it isn't such a deal. I don't mind spending more (Graeter's ice cream was regularly $5.99 a pint; I would buy several pints when it was $3.99 on sale) for good quality. I bought the ice cream machine partly because it would be cheaper, partly to make black walnut ice cream since I never did find it in New England. But this Hudsonville ice cream is a quart and a half for under $4.50. I like both good quality and good prices.

Besides, it's just fun to make ice cream. :giggle: When the weather gets really warm I plan on making some with the grandkids. Should be fun?

TBH, I haven't found cheap and good ice cream. I have found some great jams, preserves, and pickles from Eastern European countries. I didn't recognize the brand name. All I know was the ingredients were all food and the jams had more fruit than sugar and no added pectin. All of those have been really delicious. Okay, the pickled wild cucumber was a bit weird. And, all of those were bargains.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom