The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you all for the good wishes. SO sounds better this morning. Hospital staff are putting her through her paces.

My Dad and I have not agreed on where to scatter my Mom's ashes. This morning, he told me that he is taking them to Camp Ripley tomorrow, but that I could have a measuring cup to take some to The Lake. He didn't tell me what size of measuring cup <g>. Her ashes came back in a plastic box. Once I removed the ashes I want to scatter (a 1 qt jar), I added totems--a picture of my deceased brother, a note from me telling her how much I missed her and loved her, the baby bracelets my Mom made with her name and my Dad's when they were dating, sand dollars my brother, Mom, and I collected when we stayed at the Navy base on Coronado island, sand from The Lake, skipping stones, and a shot of Scotch in one of those tiny jelly jars you get at hotels. Figure she might need it. I thought of adding my brother's cell phone he used when he went to SA with a note saying "please call home" but resisted that.

Last edited:
Tomorrow I get checked into the hospital for the second half of the procedure to control my AFib. They'll be doing an AV Node ablation, and then the pacemaker that was implanted two weeks ago will be in complete control of my heart pacing. I guess I'll be a bionic woman then.

I had a "heart to heart" talk (pun intended) with my Dr. about the pain I had to go through with the pacemaker procedure, and he promised I'd feel no pain this time.
Still, I'm somewhat nervous about it.

The surgery is his last of the day, around 1pm Pacific time and I hope he's not tired after a long day.

Any good thoughts or prayers you could send me (and him) around that time would be so appreciated.

Sending good and healing thoughts, Kay. Glad you had 'the talk' with your doctor about the last procedure - they don't know unless they're told. Will be thinking about you and checking in to hear from you, friend.

you probably won't get this til it's all over.... and by then you'll know all our good wishes are working!

"On Your Toes and Doing a Fantastic Job" dragonettes are hovering over your doctor and
"Quick Healing" dragonettes are with you along with some "Happy Thoughts" too.

DH has had a cold - or whatever this bug is - for 2 full weeks! I got it a week going in and I'm sad but not as miserable as he is!!!

Tomorrow I get checked into the hospital for the second half of the procedure to control my AFib. They'll be doing an AV Node ablation, and then the pacemaker that was implanted two weeks ago will be in complete control of my heart pacing. I guess I'll be a bionic woman then.
...snipped....

I sure hope that we hear from either you or SC soon :(

It strikes me that as a group, we are all getting older, and experiencing various health issues, with some being severe, and some affecting our comfort, and abilities to do the things we want to do. It is so easy to get caught up in our own tribulations, and turn a blind eye to the challenges of others, thinking our problems are worse.

In reality, every one of us is pat of the crew on a very large sailing ship, sharing in the joys and pains of life. And just as with the he crews of sailing vessels, each crew member relies on the other crew members to make sail the ship safely through sometimes calm, and sometimes turbulent waters.

So many of you have been supportive in one way or another to me. I just want everyone to know that your support has meant a great deal to me, and has helped me keep a positive attitude.

I've been reading through the last couple pages of posts, and am filled with concern, and empathy for my fellow DC shipmates. My prayers are being said on your behalf. I truly hope that all goes well for your SO, Andy, and that you fare well in your surgery, with a speedy recovery, Kay. And PriFi, You just get well and strong,

Everyone who is experiencing the unfortunate, but inevitable aging 0f the body, with all that goes with that, I sincerely wish the best for you.

I echo this truth - You are all caring and good people, who give of yourselves to help others. However, to give your best, you mus be at your best. So take a little time to heal. And by all means, put away that superman/supergirl cape, and let others help you. They get joy from giving of themselves too. They care about you.

It took me a great deal of time to learn to let others do things for me. I have always been the guy who wanted to fix everything, for everyone, be it something that needed repair, as in furnace, roof, vehicles, etc., or sprinting a block to gather my daughter into my arms, and carry her home after she went over the handlebars of her bicycle, or helping a friend move a generator under his home, providing the muscle required for the job.

I have been independent, never asking for help for most of my life,always able to figure out how to make things work, for myself, my kids, my DW, and for my friends. Finally, I realized that when I refused to accept help, insisting that I could resolver any issue without having to bother someone else, I was taking away someone else's opportunity to experience the joy only gotten through service to others. My point is, let those who love you help you. It's what strengthens bonds, and ties all of us to each other. So let someone else hoist the mainsail, and man the rudder. The ship will sail fine for a while without you. And when you are strong again, you will be a valued, and valuable shipmate.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Well said Chief.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts/prayers......they worked!! This AV Node ablation procedure went off without a hitch with no pain or any problems. I'm now relieved of the fear of my condition going out of control again, and I won't have the fear of the side effects of taking Amiodorone for the rest of my life. https://www.healthline.com/health/amiodarone-oral-tablet#important-warning.

It's such a relief to have this health problem over with, and thanks again for the friendship you've shown me. :flowers::heart:

Back
Top Bottom