The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, one week at work. I laughed at them when they asked if I was starting back part time. I wish now I had said, "yes". I'm exhausted, physically, mentally and emotionally. I ended up leaving early 4/5 days. Other than shopping for groceries tomorrow, I am sleeping all weekend.
Sweet dreams, PF. Don't overdo - you don't want to be a patient in your own facility. :-p

...There's good news and bad news to my Pacemaker story. Good news is I'm doing well now that I'm back home, and the pacemaker is working right.

The bad news was the pain I had during the surgery...I told the Dr. I never expected to be in pain like that.

His response was "there shouldn't have been any pain." I wanted to smack him....
I'm happy for you that your ticker is keeping good time, Kayelle. As to that doctor? You should have said "if you guys would have done your job right, there wouldn't have been pain". :ermm: Or maybe not, if you still need to see him.

Anyway, I hope it's all smooth sailing for you really soon.

{{PF}} You've really been through it..wish you could get really well soon.

Many thanks to all of you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

There's good news and bad news to my Pacemaker story. Good news is I'm doing well now that I'm back home, and the pacemaker is working right.

The bad news was the pain I had during the surgery. Apparently I'm one of the very few who experienced intense pain with this procedure, even though I have a very high pain tolerance. Whatever sedation they gave me didn't work, as I never even felt relaxed. Worse than that, was the local anesthetic for pain didn't work properly either and I did plenty of complaining about how much it was hurting. It took about an hour to complete, and when it was finally over, I told the Dr. I never expected to be in pain like that.

His response was "there shouldn't have been any pain." I wanted to smack him. I KNOW how painful it was for me and I'm furious with that response.
:mad:

Anyway, it's over and I'm glad.

Kaye, I'm doing fine, just whiny after my first week back to work. I got us caught up again, seems to fall apart when I am not there.

I am so very sorry about your experience. There is no reason they should have continued when you were in pain and aware of it. The MD response was completely inappropriate.

I'm glad your ticker is doing better.:wub:

Sweet dreams, PF. Don't overdo - you don't want to be a patient in your own facility. :-p

It wouldn't be so bad...:LOL::LOL: nice facility! Rest day today with some relaxing shopping after lunch at my favorite Chinese Restaurant with my parents. They have been wonderful!

I hope you are doing well with your new knee, should we be calling you TitaniumJenny? :)

...The bionic woman!

SO is scheduled for a total knee replacement on Monday. I'll be playing the part of nurse/service animal for a while. She even got a little bell to ring to summon me. Service with a smile.

...The bionic woman!

SO is scheduled for a total knee replacement on Monday. I'll be playing the part of nurse/service animal for a while. She even got a little bell to ring to summon me. Service with a smile.
Oooohh, I wish I'd thought of a bell for after my hip surgery! [emoji38] We just used our cell phones. Ooh, I just had an idea! When I have the other one done, I'll change his ring tone to a bell! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
...The bionic woman!

Good Luck to SO! I hope you don't start hating that bell!:LOL::LOL:

Glad everyone is doing well. Kayelle, I'm so sorry your procedure was so painful. Was there an anesthesiologist? I would find someone to complain to. That treatment is unacceptable.

Kayelle, I'm glad your procedure was successful. So sorry to hear about the pain. That's unacceptable to me.

Glad everyone is doing well. Kayelle, I'm so sorry your procedure was so painful. Was there an anesthesiologist? I would find someone to complain to. That treatment is unacceptable.

I don't remember there being an anesthesiologist in the room for the surgery GG. When I had a total abdominal Hysterectomy many years ago without general anesthesia (by my request), I had one in the OR. That time I was awake and loopy, but totally without pain, only pressure. That's what I expected this time, but I've learned my lesson now for sure.
This Dr. will also be doing my AV Ablation on the 27th, so I need to keep my temper under control for now till after that's over.

I don't remember there being an anesthesiologist in the room for the surgery GG. When I had a total abdominal Hysterectomy many years ago without general anesthesia (by my request), I had one in the OR. That time I was awake and loopy, but totally without pain, only pressure. That's what I expected this time, but I've learned my lesson now for sure.
This Dr. will also be doing my AV Ablation on the 27th, so I need to keep my temper under control for now till after that's over.
Someone must be managing the pain control. Maybe a nurse anesthetist? Anyway, it was unacceptable and I would definitely politely make the doctor aware that I expect it to be more comfortable for the next procedure. You should be able to talk to any doctor about any concerns you have.

Yes, for one week. Can't afford any more than that. As it is, my parents are paying my bills and buying my groceries.:wub::wub:
That's okay, PF. They are happy to do that. They don't want to think of the alternative. I know it is hard to let them do that, but they don't want you stressed any more than you are. It takes time to get back in the swing of things and overdoing it won't help anyone--you, your parents, your patients, or your co-workers. Remember to breathe as a friend kept telling me many times after my brother passed away and I was caring for The Elders. I know you have that Super Woman cape, but sometimes, you have to pack it away. You have to take care of yourself. As my cousin said to me when I ended up in the hospital, "we need you in top form."

That's okay, PF. They are happy to do that. They don't want to think of the alternative. I know it is hard to let them do that, but they don't want you stressed any more than you are. It takes time to get back in the swing of things and overdoing it won't help anyone--you, your parents, your patients, or your co-workers. Remember to breathe as a friend kept telling me many times after my brother passed away and I was caring for The Elders. I know you have that Super Woman cape, but sometimes, you have to pack it away. You have to take care of yourself. As my cousin said to me when I ended up in the hospital, "we need you in top form."

Thank you my dear friend.:wub::wub:

Spent the day at the hospital waiting for SO to have her surgery then wake up from it. the surgery went well. Finally got in to see her around 5:00 PM. She was doing OK and was groggy but hungry.

After a bit she couldn't keep here eyes open so I checked out. Just finished dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom