The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well everything is working just fine. I mean - it has to be, no? The procedure took 2.5 months to schedule. I guess they weren't worried I'd pop off before hand. Have another procedure of some sort scheduled for March - another 2 months making a total of 4.5 months wait.
Honestly? I can't even remember what it is for.

Well, I haven't started glowing yet. Tarnation! I was really hoping to be green. Blue would have been OK but :heart:green is my dragon colour. :heart:

Last edited:
Well, my cat didn't glow when he had the radioactive iodine treatment for hyperthyroid. I did check. I checked the kitty litter too, since I had to treat like radioactive waste for a month or so.

I have good news - DH's doctor said Friday that while his cancer is advanced, aggressive and spreading, it's treatable and he has patients with similar cases who have been, and are, living well for years. We were really afraid he might only have months, so we are thrilled. He has decided to retire at the end of this school year (June 30), a year earlier than we had planned. And we're going to plan a train trip to see the fall color in Maine 🍁

I have good news - DH's doctor said Friday that while his cancer is advanced, aggressive and spreading, it's treatable and he has patients with similar cases who have been, and are, living well for years. We were really afraid he might only have months, so we are thrilled. He has decided to retire at the end of this school year (June 30), a year earlier than we had planned. And we're going to plan a train trip to see the fall color in Maine 🍁
Outstanding news!

I am so happy to read this, GG! I know that your DH works hard at taking care of himself (and you!), so being blindsided by this discovery seemed so very wrong. I hope he's his doctor's biggest success story. 💕

To everyone else: we've met GG and her DH in person. They are very nice people. After we spent an evening with them, Himself said to me while we were driving back to our time share "I liked him. If we lived closer, I could see us being friends". 😲 That was surprising seeing as how Himself's theme song could be the Holderness Family video "I'm Introverting". There are days that I an not really sure he's even friends with me. 🤣

Good news. Just to reinforce that news, I had a very fast growing, fast spreading type of cancer, but also very treatable, if caught in time. That was in 2006. I am still 100-percent cancer free. It is amazing what medical science can do.

CD

That's awesome news. And Maine is a place I've always wanted to go, especially in Fall. I'm sure you will both enjoy that.

Sciatica update: After months of PT, the pain in my hip that traveled to my foot was unbearable. I got an MRI, etc. and the long story short is that I have two misaligned vertebrae in my lumbar region. Ever optimistic, I am striving to avoid surgery so I had shots into the vertebrae yesterday. The pain is significantly reduced (I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is "just fine" and a 10 is "call an ambulance," I've gone from a solid 8 to a 4 today. Am hoping for a bit better by tomorrow.

It is so weird to me how this progressed from just fine to this point almost overnight. What did people do before modern medicine? I was so completely limited in what I was able to do for weeks. :ermm:

Sciatica update: After months of PT, the pain in my hip that traveled to my foot was unbearable. I got an MRI, etc. and the long story short is that I have two misaligned vertebrae in my lumbar region. Ever optimistic, I am striving to avoid surgery so I had shots into the vertebrae yesterday. The pain is significantly reduced (I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is "just fine" and a 10 is "call an ambulance," I've gone from a solid 8 to a 4 today. Am hoping for a bit better by tomorrow.

It is so weird to me how this progressed from just fine to this point almost overnight. What did people do before modern medicine? I was so completely limited in what I was able to do for weeks. :ermm:

I have a spine problem at the same part of my back. Two disks are slowly disintegrating, and some stenosis on one vertebrae. PT did nothing for me, and actually made it worse. My mom has the same problem, so it is hereditary.

Like you, I do NOT want to go with surgery, and my spine doctor wants to put that off as long as possible.

My mom is almost 90, and has avoided surgery. Those shots have worked well for her.

One of my high school classmates is an Anesthesiologist who specializes in treating spine-related pain. It is a good alternative to surgery. Too bad for me that he practices in Connecticut, not Texas.

CD

I'm ecstatic it has worked for both of you. Casey, I have almost the same diagnosis and along with the neuropathy it did not work. I personally believe half the neuropathy is being caused by that grinding on the nerve paths. The stenosis is quite bad but ... what can I say - and you never get used to the pain, meds or not.

I'm ecstatic it has worked for both of you. Casey, I have almost the same diagnosis and along with the neuropathy it did not work. I personally believe half the neuropathy is being caused by that grinding on the nerve paths. The stenosis is quite bad but ... what can I say - and you never get used to the pain, meds or not.

My stenosis is still pretty minimal. I hope it progresses as slowly as possible.

I have a pretty high pain threshold -- always have. I have some pretty heavy-duty pain killers available to me, but rarely take them. They are opioids, and scare me.

I have significant pain when I get out of bed, but I can generally "walk it off." Literally, I get up and just walk around the house for a while, and the pain reduces quite a bit.

I have a cataract in my right eye that needs to go. I'm focused (pardon the pun) on that right now. I'm going to need that surgery done soon, probably mid April.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom