Thursday, May 11, 2023, what's on your menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Water kimchi soup with egg rolls.
20230511_174928.jpg

Cabbage casserole with a side of applesauce. 🐷🐷🐷

My version used fresh mushrooms, cream sauce, a bag of coleslaw mix, and French’s fried onions as a topping.

This is a great buffet dish paired with a spiral sliced ham but these days it’s a main dish at my house.

We had slabs of vidalia onions battered breaded and baked with sweet potato hash, served with ketchup. Meal sized salads with tomato dressing.
Blondie w/chocolate chips

PS we've given up on the vidalia onion rings when the slabs of onion about 1/3 inch thick are so much better. Crispy and juicy.

We celebrated my birthday at Bâton Rouge Grillhouse & Bar. I have celebrated a number of birthdays there. I had an ahi tuna tataki (crusted in sesame seeds and lightly grilled) salad and DH had a roast beef sandwich. His came with du jus and a smashed loaded potato. By the time I remembered pix, DH had finished his sandwich, but still had most of his loaded smashed potato. I had only eaten some of my salad. We had some sort of Red Valpolicella wine to go with that. I don't remember anything more specific, but it was good. Dessert was a gift from the resto, a large brownie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate drizzle.

We had a great time.

seared ahi tuna salad.jpg
loaded, smashed potatoes.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom